Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service Menu
fmcastro

Service Menu

Does anyone know how to gain access to the "Service Menu" item? I don't know what's in there but I'm curious Very Happy
26-01-2012 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

RE: Service Menu

Me too, curious that is
28-01-2012 01:09am
mhorton

Try this:

Switch on ignition and do not start vehicle.

On touch screen, press and hold the Range Rover logo at the top of the screen for 8 to 10 seconds.

Press and hold the valet button until the hidden menu appears.

You can also access service menu from steering wheel while ignition is on and vehicle is not started.

Mark

Collected 7th March - Dynamic SD4 auto, Colima Lime, Energy - Lunar Interior, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps & more.
11-05-2012 04:15pm
Donny Dog

(11-05-2012 04:15pm)mhorton Wrote:  Try this:

Switch on ignition and do not start vehicle.

On touch screen, press and hold the Range Rover logo at the top of the screen for 8 to 10 seconds.

Press and hold the valet button until the hidden menu appears.

You can also access service menu from steering wheel while ignition is on and vehicle is not started.

Mark

Thanks for the info. Did you just discover this by accident, or are you 'in the know'?
11-05-2012 04:23pm
mhorton

(11-05-2012 04:23pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Thanks for the info. Did you just discover this by accident, or are you 'in the know'?

It worked on a Disco so I tried it on my RRE and worked. Quite a bit of info behind it but not alot you can change and not what I was looking for.

Collected 7th March - Dynamic SD4 auto, Colima Lime, Energy - Lunar Interior, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps & more.
11-05-2012 04:39pm
Donny Dog

(11-05-2012 04:39pm)mhorton Wrote:  It worked on a Disco so I tried it on my RRE and worked. Quite a bit of info behind it but not alot you can change and not what I was looking for.

OK, thanks. I see you answered a similar post on evoqueownersclub.co.uk, so you must be the only previous LR owner on either site who has worked this one out! (Unless everyone else is keeping it to themselves!).
11-05-2012 05:47pm
J77

I used to get access from the steering wheel buttons most things were locked and all I could get up was the VIN. The car went in to get mudflaps fitted and got a free health check and I can't get into it now.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 09:45pm by J77.)
11-05-2012 09:44pm
Rootsboy

what kind of information can you get from this menu? all i can see is my vin, i would be interested to know if my dealer does any software upgrades when i finally does go in for a service. it went if for some warranty work a while back and i did complain about the speed of the reverse camera, and maybe its just me but it does seem a little quicker but i am not sure if my dealer did plug it in and do any software change as he did not really give a strait answer on the matter.
so being able to see versions would be a great help.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
15-05-2012 10:20am
RacingSnake

I had a play with is yesterday, mostly just info, but one action was called dual view activation?... i didnt click it though.

Loads of version info and software numbers in there. By loads I mean a dozen or so.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-05-2012 10:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrey1302

I tried doing it yesterday, but it doesnt seem to work for me, is there something else im missing?

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
16-05-2012 07:31am