Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bad Meridian Sound
Rootsboy

RE: Bad Meridian Sound

(21-05-2013 10:34pm)jjgray Wrote:  Having said I was underwhelmed, I've spent a couple of weeks now playing actual CDs in the car, instead of MP3s, I am VERY happy with my new sound system. Very Happy

"Apart from that, of course with albums like Dark Side of the Moon or A Night at the Opera you get that long-lost joy of the tracks running into each other just like they should. BLISS!"

John

Hi jjgray
i am quite interested in the comment you made about the track running into each other on your system. i have the premium system and when i play CD's such as dark side of the moon or any live recording. the tracks don't blend. there is about a second of silence before the next track carry's on.
i have found this to be very annoying and have complained to Land Rover about it, but they have not come back to me on this issue.
i wonder if this is just a fault with my system or all the premium systems have this problem, but the standard ones don't.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
27-05-2013 01:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jjgray

"when i play CD's such as dark side of the moon or any live recording. the tracks don't blend. there is about a second of silence before the next track carry's on. "

Ayee how horrible!! Maybe I had a lucky escape not buying the premium system after all.

I'd be very surprised if it's a fault specific to your system. More likely there's an option you can set/unset somewhere in the menus. Are you definitely playing the original CD, and not a version ripped to MP3s or anything (or [!] a pirate CD)? Sometimes the silences are added in the MP3 files and software such as iTunes allows you to turn that on or off when you are ripping the CD.

We glided through to Edinburgh yesterday playing "A Night at the Opera" straight through. Utter joy for the whole family!
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 02:00pm by jjgray.)
27-05-2013 01:59pm
Rootsboy

i have loads of original cds, and many live or have the music blend, i was quite shocked to find out that this happened with the system, especially the amount you have to pay for the premium system here in e
Europe. i have never had a cd player do this and i am guessing it is something to do with the programming of the software where they have omitted continuos play from the specification.
do any other premium system owners have this problem?

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
27-05-2013 07:24pm
jjgray

...Aside from the quality of the source material, I wonder if it just needed "running in" with a bit of loud stuff to loosen up the speaker cones or whatever. Will never know for sure!
30-05-2013 12:32am
Rootsboy

Bad Meridian Sound

I find the premium system great for the sound stage. I have some Adam near field monitors at home for listening music I am sent. The sound is very flat and true to the original recording. And the car system I feel represents a true sound. The electronic stuff I listen to gas heaps of bass but rock music does tend to be on the bright side. Sometime I do wish we had just a little more control then the simple eq that is given. But Im happy with it. Well apart from the second silent bits inbetween live stuff etc

31-05-2013 11:41pm
The Valeter

I play all sorts on mine. The Club Electro Dance stuff sounds wicked!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-06-2013 12:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply