Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Second Service
m_101

RE: Second Service

sounds pretty good - I'll give them a call! cheers!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
25-05-2014 04:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(24-05-2014 11:24am)ziggy stardust Wrote:  Visited my local Stratstone JLR dealer last week for a second service quote on my SD4, went something like this.

As I drank my coffee with the service adviser I asked if I was to wait how long would it take? Two hours Sir. That's quick, how much will it cost me? £475 Sir.

How can you justify £475 for two hours work, were in South Wales and most people don't earn that all week? We only use genuine LR parts Sir, they are expensive and we stamp your book.

I know, I've priced them up on eBay, all genuine LR and C1 spec oil £108, so what about the other £367?

That is the price Sir. What about discount? O.K. we can do it for £449. Wow thanks.

Feeling totally ripped off I book it in for Monday to keep everything sweet while the car is still under warranty, I notice mints on the desk and take one but before unwrapping it I ask if I'm going to be charged for it? No Sir.

I get a Jaguar for the day as I need it to get to work and pick up the Evoque the following day and drive it the four miles home. I lift the bonnet and notice a screw left unfastened on the air filter box so I screw it home myself, should I have sent them a bill for £50? I dip the oil and it's black, not what I expected.

Looking at the invoice from Stratstone I notice I'd been charged for windscreen wash at almost £5 which was odd because I'd filled it up before I took the car in?

I get an email asking about the standard of my service so I tell them how it was, I then get a phone call and I go through it all again, I'm then told I'll be getting a phone call from the service manager and I'll be able to discuss it with him, four days later I'm still waiting.

On the positive side I've had the car back for a couple of little warranty issues before the service and found them most helpful, but I do hate paying ridiculous rates for ticking boxes.

Z

I had pretty much the same experience with my dealer. I too found the oil was still quite black, but I do know that diesels make the oil black very quickly

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
28-05-2014 12:49pm
andy355

Any experience of cost of 2nd service in London? Si4

Also has anyone had alloys done whilst in for service? I did opt for the wheel/tyre care but have found it unusable as you cant have the work done whilst in the dealers / any damage has to be reported within 48 hours blah blah and I just don't have the free time to sort it out during the week
14-06-2014 01:27pm
Marcpitch

I am about to have my second service and I was told I only have 3mm left on the rear brakes and 6mm on the front. I was also told that they do not turn rotors (discs) but replace them every time they replace the pads. In fact, they said Land Rover Dealers do not even have the equipment to turn rotors.

Is this true? I am having the rear brakes replaced, but need I also get new rotors? I need to know ASAP.

Also, they are charging about $650 for the entire brake work, pads and rotors. They are charging about $440 for the regular 2nd service....thoughts from anybody....anybody in the States?
24-06-2014 12:07am
m_101

I had to get rear pads for mine but the rotors / discs did not need replaced. Still, replacing rear pads cost me about £210...

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-06-2014 07:32pm
harry

just been quoted 486 EUR excl. VAT by German dealer Evil
30-06-2014 11:49am
Stadt Panzer

Second Service

Harry, where are you?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
30-06-2014 12:30pm