Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scratched alloys from 2nd service!!
Teetree

Had my car picked up from work by stratstones for a 2nd year service on thur. Had to get one of the tyres replaced as they found a nail in it and couldn't fix it. They brought the evoque back by late afternoon and everything seemed fine until I left work and gave the car a quick check. To my horror i found scratches on one of the alloy wheels! I ve spent the last two years making sure the alloys are in pristine condition and now this. Livid, I called stratstones the next morning. Receptionist said she would call me back after she s checked the service records. She said the record showed that it was recorded as damaged. I said i dont think so! anyway apparently the technician who serviced my car wasn't in that day so told her to call me back on mon so I can speak to him.
Looks like its my word against theirs really. From the damage I can't say that this is consistent with kerbing the wheel. Looks like something hacked at it to create those individual dints.
I know they use certain tools to get the tyre onto the alloy so could they have damaged it during this process ?? as it s a strange coincidence the damaged wheel is the one they replaced. All the other three wheels are perfect.
Either that or the driver who took my car (who was also speeding) damaged it on the way to stratstones ?!
Either way a complaint will be lodged![Image: tadyqera.jpg][Image: 8ygaru6u.jpg][Image: u8ygyvyn.jpg][Image: 9upa6atu.jpg]

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
13-09-2014 11:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Scratched alloys from 2nd service!!

Like you, I aim to keep my car pristine, and know where any of the very few marks are on my car.

However, (and I appreciate this may be unpopular), but those marks do look old. It looks like the dirt is ingrained rather than surface, and in that first close up picture it looks like where the damage has occurred, it has tracked and lifted the lacquer - which doesn't happen 'instantly'.

As I say, you know your car, but from those photo's... they look old IMO.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-09-2014 05:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Not good!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 05:40pm by ceebee.)
13-09-2014 05:38pm
vinny

Might even be the case this isn't your actual alloy,possible this could of maybe been a spare or one of a swap over set that had the make of Tyre you wanted and therefore saved them buying/fitting a new one?
Anything is possible and I'm sure you would of noticed it previously but I agree it does look old damage so something doesn't add up.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
13-09-2014 07:21pm
Teetree

(13-09-2014 05:16pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Like you, I aim to keep my car pristine, and know where any of the very few marks are on my car.

However, (and I appreciate this may be unpopular), but those marks do look old. It looks like the dirt is ingrained rather than surface, and in that first close up picture it looks like where the damage has occurred, it has tracked and lifted the lacquer - which doesn't happen 'instantly'.

As I say, you know your car, but from those photo's... they look old IMO.

I'm certainly not complaining for the sake of it. U make an interesting point actually. Never thought about it like that. Good analytic CSI eye! Smile I just cannot remember damaging it that badly. If I did I'm sure I would have remembered as I would be gutted!

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
13-09-2014 07:27pm
Teetree

On the other hand because of the slow puncture I've had to pump up the tyre in question every couple of weeks for a while now so would b sure to have noticed that kind of damage even if I wasn't aware of it before?!

13-09-2014 08:42pm
The Valeter

Whenever I take my car/s in for a service to a dealer who is not used to me I make a point of telling them there are no marks on the wheels or bodywork.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
13-09-2014 09:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Re: Scratched alloys from 2nd service!!

I have seen this type of damage on my previous Kuga. The second photo seems to show clear damage to the lacquer, which looks as though moisture has penetrated the lacquer causing the white de-lamination effect. As mentioned by other members this can only happen over a period of time.

Deffo something fishy going on!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-09-2014 11:05pm
Teetree

alloy wheels in general, don't have say, batch numbers etched/engraved on them by any chance?

(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 11:18pm by Teetree.)
13-09-2014 11:18pm
vinny

Not sure if wheels have batch numbers etc but the Tyre might have?(manufacture week/date)
Another thing to check is the condition of the reverse side,unless you remove your alloys to clean the back side they should all roughly match,ie colour and quantity of brake dust and shape of balancing weights.
If this wheel is dramatically different from the other 3 it might be a result.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 09:51am by vinny.)
14-09-2014 08:18am