Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scratch on black contrast roof
Alex

Scratch on black contrast roof

I can't believe it but I have found a scratch ( 1" long) just above the drivers door on our black contrast roof. The scratch is fairly fine but I have no idea how sonething could have scratched it at that height (perhaps a branch?).

Can you get touch up paint for the black contrast roof? It looks like it had more of a plastic type finish compared to the bodys gloss finish.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
30-03-2012 06:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof

(30-03-2012 06:43am)Alex Wrote:  I can't believe it but I have found a scratch ( 1" long) just above the drivers door on our black contrast roof. The scratch is fairly fine but I have no idea how sonething could have scratched it at that height (perhaps a branch?).

Can you get touch up paint for the black contrast roof? It looks like it had more of a plastic type finish compared to the bodys gloss finish.

check duckworth parts uk website I know they have touch up paints and check with Dan who provides discount to forum members (from what I know)

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 06:53am by chiggy.)
30-03-2012 06:52am
fam1x

Oddly I have a similar scratch on the rear passengers near the door handle still can’t see how that could have happened. It’s not deep looks like a surface scratch hope will come out with T-cut or something like that .

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
30-03-2012 11:44am
doug

(30-03-2012 11:44am)fam1x Wrote:  Oddly I have a similar scratch on the rear passengers near the door handle still can’t see how that could have happened. It’s not deep looks like a surface scratch hope will come out with T-cut or something like that .

Toothpaste Idea I say no more....

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-03-2012 07:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Doug he wants to make it black not whiter than white with a ring of confidence.........................
Seriously, if it isn't a deep scratch then wouldn't coloured polish at least fill it in a bit without the abrasiveness of T cut

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 07:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-03-2012 07:06pm
doug

(30-03-2012 07:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Doug he wants to make it black not whiter than white with a ring of confidence.........................
Seriously, if it isn't a deep scratch then wouldn't coloured polish at least fill it in a bit without the abrasiveness of T cut

Tim. Laughing
Toothpaste can work as a cutting agent to remove light scratches. It's it's abrasiveness that does the job, in the same wall as T-cut works. Please dry on a area out of slight first (under the bonnet).

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-03-2012 09:11pm