Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scotcars Review
Blackseries

Scotcars Review

........So, what's the verdict on the Evoque. Honestly? Like a number of fellow hardened motoring scribes, I was blown away by the package. I'd headed to the launch, as I said at the start, suspicious the Evoque was more bluster than substance. I was wrong.

Yes it's expensive — I'd love to drive an entry-level £28k 150bhp 2WD model when it comes out next year, just to see what you get for your money — but, for me it is a brilliantly packaged piece of kit. It also looks incredible and has stunning showroom visual appeal.

Of course there will be those who knock it as being simply a piece of over-stylised, over-priced automotive engineering. That's their view and they're entitled to it.

But believe me, the reality is if you have the money and want to not only make a statement, but drive a car which will turn heads, meet all your needs — oh, and comfortably cope with whatever next winter throws at us — then the Evoque's for you.

http://www.scotcars.co.uk/roadtests/2011...4wd-auto-c

....nicely put

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-07-2011 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

RE: Scotcars Review

(28-07-2011 03:39pm)Blackseries Wrote:  ........So, what's the verdict on the Evoque. Honestly? Like a number of fellow hardened motoring scribes, I was blown away by the package. I'd headed to the launch, as I said at the start, suspicious the Evoque was more bluster than substance. I was wrong.

Yes it's expensive — I'd love to drive an entry-level £28k 150bhp 2WD model when it comes out next year, just to see what you get for your money — but, for me it is a brilliantly packaged piece of kit. It also looks incredible and has stunning showroom visual appeal.

Of course there will be those who knock it as being simply a piece of over-stylised, over-priced automotive engineering. That's their view and they're entitled to it.

But believe me, the reality is if you have the money and want to not only make a statement, but drive a car which will turn heads, meet all your needs — oh, and comfortably cope with whatever next winter throws at us — then the Evoque's for you.

http://www.scotcars.co.uk/roadtests/2011...4wd-auto-c

....nicely put

I was intrigued by this review since the accompanying video and photo's clearly show a red three door dynamic (which fits the description of the car being reviewed) - the catch being the car shown has the style 6 20" wheels… And not a single word anywhere of harsh ride, firm suspension etc. just praise..

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
28-07-2011 03:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply