Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saving your wiper blades on frosty mornings
gw76

RE: Saving your wiper blades on frosty mornings

(01-12-2011 01:23am)vinda Wrote:  Any one know the answer.
Standard on dynamic, and dont go back down when moving, so much so, I switched the function off.
09-03-2012 08:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

(30-11-2011 11:55pm)flurberman Wrote:  Hi all, two quick questions.

Is the heated front window standard on the Dynamic? Can't find it listed on my spec, UK model.

Can someone explain how the heated steering wheel works, how long does it take to heat up, how hot is it and can you keep it on all the time? Smile Just curious because for £180 I decided it was worth ordering.

Thanks!

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, stornoway grey.
I can help with the heated steering wheel option. It is a manual switch behind the telephone buttons on the lower left of the steering wheel. I use it frequently when getting in the car when it is cold. It heats up quickly, around a minute. It is too hot to leave on all the time, I turn it off after about 5 minutes.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
09-03-2012 09:35pm
cardiffevoque

The parking of the wipers highter up the screen also helps when washing the car in that you can pull both wipers away from the screen without the arms snagging on the trailing edge of the bonnet.

As it's a function you set in the on-board computer I would imagine they stay in that position even after use until you reset the computer. But I haven't tried to do that yet so don't know for sure.

SD4 Dynamic, 5 door, manual, Firenze Red with Fuji roof, adaptive headlights, auto dimming mirror, spare wheel Very Happy
30-11-2012 06:38pm
jdiamond

Given that everything can be automated these days and in fact the side mirrors heat up when the temperature drops, why couldn't they just automatically override rain sensors and protect the wipers as well as automatically moving the wipers into winter position as the temperature drops?

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
12-01-2013 10:51pm