Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Satellite navigation problems
Straydox

RE: Satellite navigation problems

I'd add that I'm generally pretty happy with the Satnav too. After years of Audis the map graphics seem a bit crude but it works well enough - even ETA works OK. I have changed the Nav to be in night mode all the time - the maps with grey (gray) backgrounds look nicer to my eyes. Weird routings are usually caused by a particuarly route appearing to be shorter (only needs to be a metre).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
28-05-2012 04:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iMatt

RE: Satellite navigation problems

(16-05-2012 09:31am)Martynk Wrote:  Return to the main options and select 'Route Options' - I have 'learn route' and 'easy route' switched on, return and go to 'route preferences' . On my system I have everything ticked apart from 'ferry, car train' and that seems to work for me.

I also had some problems with the Sat Nav seeming hell bent on not using motorways. I wondered whether "easy route" was the culprit - that maybe "easy" included avoiding motorways. So I turned "easy" route off and have not had a problem - but neither I have made the same journeys as original gave me the problems, so it could just be coincidence.

Now from what MartynK recomends above, it would seem "easy route" was perhaps not the culprit - clearly it doesn't cause Martyn any problems. Checking the manual again it says of easy route that:

When On is selected, Easy route changes the
calculation parameters of Route 3 in order to
reduce:
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 11:13am by iMatt.)
04-09-2012 11:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply