Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sat Nav operation
caroline11000

Sat Nav operation

Why can't I input the whole postcode? It won't let me put the last 2 letters in, so subsequently it does not take me exactly to my destination! I am not used to operating in-car sat navs so maybe I am doing something wrong! On my portable sat nav I just put in the whole postcode and it gets me to the door. Can anyone help me here?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
11-12-2011 05:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Sat Nav operation

If its llike our FL2, U need to input the space else it won't work properly.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-12-2011 05:35pm
griff

Are you trying to input the postcode in the address section of the Nav or the postcode only bit. I say this because I noticed the other day that it will only allow me to put in partial postcode in the address bit but full postcode in postcode only.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-12-2011 05:38pm
caroline11000

(11-12-2011 05:38pm)griff Wrote:  Are you trying to input the postcode in the address section of the Nav or the postcode only bit. I say this because I noticed the other day that it will only allow me to put in partial postcode in the address bit but full postcode in postcode only.
I can't remember which section I used. Ideally I would like to just enter a full postcode without having to enter town, street name etc. I did use a space but couldn't enter last 2 letters. If there is a postode only section thats what I want to use, thanks griff I will have another look.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
11-12-2011 06:11pm
QueJumper

Sat Nav operation

You can do that if you choose the Postcode option to enter the address. I do it all the time.
You do have to remember that in rural areas a postcode can cover several miles though!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 07:07pm by QueJumper.)
11-12-2011 07:06pm
caroline11000

(11-12-2011 07:06pm)QueJumper Wrote:  You can do that if you choose the Postcode option to enter the address. I do it all the time.
You do have to remember that in rural areas a postcode can cover several miles though!
I must have been putting it in the wrong place, thanks

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Got car 9th Dec 11
11-12-2011 07:19pm
KaDargo

With my TomTom I can get a breakdown of the route, so I can see in advance roughly where I am going.

How do I know which of the three routes I might want to take if it's just a line on the map, with no idea of what roads they are - I cant see an option on the screen to mlist details of vthe route ?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
06-05-2012 06:06pm
cjfp

Haven't worked out how to see the details at the point of selection, but once a route is in

Nav menu
Route option
Display route
Turn list

Within Display Route, select 'search conditions' to change the route selected (ie 1, 2 or 3) and then go through the above to see the details again

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 06:15pm by cjfp.)
06-05-2012 06:14pm
Evo-king

I've just entered a destination for our day out tomorrow, did it by postcode selection, worked fine.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-05-2012 06:22pm
SINGHY

Can anyone advise how to set the sat nav so that it displays the sat nav route info I.e turns and junctions on the centre display info screen so that you're not having to look at the sat nav screen all the time. I've tried the screen display options but it only shows this info momentarily and you have to keep selecting it rather than the system displaying the info automatically in the centre display (between speedo and rev counter).

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
14-05-2012 10:28pm