Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sat Nav Volume
fam1x

Sat Nav Volume

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the Volume on the Sat Nav guideness ?

I had an flash update I think from the dealer and since then I noticed the Volume on the sensors is lower also the Sat Nav guideness. I dont mind the lower sensor volume, however need to increase the volume for Sat Nav as noticed on the motorways its hard to hear the faint instructions.

Wonder if anyone else has had a flash update or noticed this....

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
21-05-2012 11:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

RE: Sat Nav Volume

The volume control is a universal control for all speaker related functions of the car. Simply use it as whatever it is you want to adjust is coming out of the speakers. i.e as the Sat Nav is speaking, increase the volume by turning the volume nob. Same works for the sensors.

Hope this helps.
21-05-2012 11:40am
Cedric

There is an option somewhere to adjust individual levels for each action. I think it's in the system menu, but will have to check later on.
21-05-2012 01:23pm
fam1x

(21-05-2012 11:40am)evoquemayne Wrote:  The volume control is a universal control for all speaker related functions of the car. Simply use it as whatever it is you want to adjust is coming out of the speakers. i.e as the Sat Nav is speaking, increase the volume by turning the volume nob. Same works for the sensors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that have tried that and didnt make a difference apart from getting more sound on what eevry is playing at the time.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
21-05-2012 02:06pm
Donny Dog

(21-05-2012 02:06pm)fam1x Wrote:  Thanks for that have tried that and didnt make a difference apart from getting more sound on what eevry is playing at the time.

Cedric is correct, you can adjust them all individually using the touch screen menu.
21-05-2012 04:25pm
gc79

I had the same problem last week, I'd accidentally turned down the satnav volume but didn't know how, or how to turn it back up. There's nothing in the manual or on the touchscreen menus (that I could find) but I discovered if you use the steering wheel control to increase the volume while the nav lady is actually giving an instruction then it adjusts the navigation volume rather than the other audio.

Hope this helps, I may have missed something but I was at a loss for how to do this too.
21-05-2012 09:23pm
BTS18

I inadvertantly turned down the satnav volume last week and didn't use any of the menu options.

Set your satnav as you would normally, then turn the radio / music off by pressing the volume button. The sat nav will still be audible, then whilst the satnav lady is giving directions adjust the volume button up or down (without turning the music back on). Once set to the desired volume, push the volume button to turn your music back on. Voila..........satnav remains at the same volume you set earlier.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
21-05-2012 09:38pm
Cedric

I forgot to check but quickly popped back in the car to check. Every excuse is a good one Smile

Press the setup button to the left of the touchscreen and then select System settings. At the bottom press Volume presets. The picture below shows you the options.

[Image: 20120521_233037.jpg]

Again a quick picture with the phone.
21-05-2012 10:55pm
fam1x

Super thanks guys will give that a try in the morning

22-05-2012 12:15am