Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sat Nav
Lurcher

Sat Nav

Picked up our June 2015 Pure Tech last night and today was getting used to the controls/settings etc , new to LR Sat Navs and was trying to add our post code to set the home destination and all the lettering was greyed out , only the number were available .
Managed to set it by using the location/map option but cant work out why I cant put post codes in like I used to do with a TomTom .

Any ideas ?

Thanks

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
16-10-2015 04:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Sat Nav

If it's anything like the one I had in my Freelander, you have to leave a space between the first and second part of the postcode.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
16-10-2015 05:02pm
bee

(16-10-2015 05:02pm)Steve D Wrote:  If it's anything like the one I had in my Freelander, you have to leave a space between the first and second part of the postcode.

steve is correct you need a space also two spaces on very short codes. there is a box that offers more,dont know if you need to press it.Confused

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
16-10-2015 06:51pm
Lurcher

Thanks for the replies will give that a try tomorrow .

16-10-2015 06:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Whatever you do don't programme your home postcode into the "home " button of the satnav just put your address in as one of the other destinations............... If your car gets stolen away from home or one of the staff at an airport offsite long term car park decides to be dishonest then the car will take them straight back to an unoccupied house. If you need to have guidance right to your front door then put in the postcode of a nearby shop or police station. You could even put in the postcode of your Land Rover dealer as I'm sure that you know your way home from any of those destinations!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2015 07:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-10-2015 07:10pm
Lurcher

Good point made , I put the main road on to our estate not the actual address .

16-10-2015 07:42pm
Lurcher

Still not able to input any destinations by postcode , the numbers are available for pressing but all the letters are greyed out , any idea's .

Thanks

Julian

25-10-2015 09:59am
Steve D

Is it your home destination you are trying to set or is it any other destination?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
25-10-2015 04:58pm
Lurcher

Just any other destination Steve .

25-10-2015 05:17pm
Steve D

Just went out to look at mine and when I choose postcode it all seems 'normal' on mine - letters then first number(s) then space then second number(s) then letters again. Sorry. Perhaps mine is different to yours though - I have a 2012 model with the upgraded stereo and dual view screen. Perhaps the satnav display is different on mine? Whatever, I bet it's something silly and you'll kick yourself when you find out what it is!

25-10-2015 05:47pm