Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Samsung S3 doesn't always pair
MPK

Samsung S3 doesn't always pair

Hi,

I have my bluetooth enabled on my phone permanently and I have recently noticed that the evoque fails to pair-up. I have android version 4.1.2

Has anyone else experienced this on their S3?

Thanks,
MPK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
19-04-2013 04:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Samsung S3 doesn't always pair

I just heard yesterday that there are known issues with Samsung phones recently not pairing on bluetooth - not sure if there is a solution yet.
19-04-2013 10:33am
Straydox

RE: Samsung S3 doesn't always pair

I had the same issue on my S3 on my Evoque - and then discovered that the current Audi A1 did exactly the same....Grrr

Audi have a mobile phone compatibility web site with workarounds - it turns out that the reluctance to automatically pair every time is caused by a bug (unresolved opportunity in technical terms) in the Bluetooth audio streaming software.

So swipe down from the top of the Android screen to get Settings (the gear icon), tap the 2nd line down for Bluetooth, under paired devices select the line with the Evoque entry and press the gear icon and deselect media audio. It fixed the problem with the A1 - see how you get on....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
19-04-2013 01:44pm