Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To Evoque or not to.....?
IKM

RE: To Evoque or not to.....?

My Evoque can do everything that my Freelander can offroad. It's just that appearances can deceive. The Freelander looks hardier, but they can both cope very well with arduous conditions. Although the Freelander 2013 model appears more luxurious inside, I'm not sure that the materials used will last as well as the previous 2010 to 12 models. Still very very good though.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 10:24pm by IKM.)
12-01-2013 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(12-01-2013 09:11pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Griff: By the sounds of it your 62 plate Freelander is a 2012 model. The 2013 model has an upgraded interior which includes Meridien audio with IPOD connectivity, as well as Bluetooth audio streaming, Hard Disc Sat Nav.

Having driven both a 2013 Freelander 2 HSE and a 2013 Evoque Prestige, I'd say the Freelander is more practical, better off road and a good vehicle while the Evoque is better on road and feels more luxurious (hence the RR badge).

Not sure about the better off road comment. They both have the same running gear and the Evoque has a half inch more ground clearence.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
14-01-2013 09:35am
stiggy

+1 recently did the LR offroad experience and the instructor said that there is very little difference in terms of off road ability between the two other than marginally better exit and entry angles on the FL2 but better ground clearance on the Evoque. TBH after seeing what the Evoque can do I would be amazed if anything we mere mortals could throw at it would trouble it!

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
14-01-2013 01:43pm