Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SANEF tag not working
jogdial

SANEF tag not working

Hey, has anybody taken their Evo to France and used a SANEF tag for the tolls? I tried and it was a huge failure. Lucky I had someone in the car with me as we had bikes on top and it kept spitting the ticket out at lorry driver level! Could have never leaned across and picked that up.

Not sure if this was affecting it, but I got the windscreen upgrade that if I remember keeps the car cooler in the sun. Anyway, I followed the instructions and stuck it behind the mottled area in the center top tried it left and right of the mirror, but nothing. I have emailed SANEF as well to find out if they know anything, but interested to know if anyone else has any experience.

Thanks
Bill
30-07-2014 11:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: SANEF tag not working

If you have the solar reflective front screen it kills these tags unless you have a screen that has the small untreated are behind or adjacent to the Rear view mirror, which cars for some markets seem to have.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-07-2014 01:38pm
Redrob

Most useful tool to take abroad, and for owners of left hand drive cars in England, is one of those "grabber sticks" for tolls and automatic car park machines.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 05:41pm by Redrob.)
30-07-2014 05:40pm
Bryan m

I used the SANEF tag on a 3000mile trip round France and it worked perfectly - nothing like whizzing through the 30kph lanes with the French gesturing that you should be in one of the pay booths! That said there was a little moment of will it/won't it tension each time we went through one - best thing I ever did was getting one for continental driving
31-07-2014 08:48am
timhum

Just returned from a 2k trip around France, no issues at all with the tag. I've got it stuck to the windscreen in the hatched area very close to the rear-view miror.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
31-07-2014 08:53am