Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wow.
Evo-king

Wow.

Having had the car detailed by GTechniq, I opened an account with them and ordered a few aftercare products.

Washed the car yesterday, the first time in 3 weeks, naughty/tardy I know, but the car still looked clean and I was waiting for my order to come.

Anyhow, as part of my order I got 2 MF2 Zero Scratch Drying Towels.

I nearly dryed the whole car with 1 towel, but wow, I have never come across a drying towel that is as effective as this one, I couldn't stop laughing as the towel moved over another panel with such drying power.

All I can say is that I highly recommend it.

The downside to this was I identified some new bits of damage to the paintwork, I hate this part of car ownership.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-06-2012 09:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Wow.

Tip.
After rinsing off the shampoo. Use a slow running open ended hose over the panels. This will shed off most of the water cutting down on the time it takes to dry off the panels using the drying towel. Just lay the towel on each panel until any water is lifted up, using very light movements whilst moving the towel in to the corners.
I find the MF2 ideal for drying around trim & door edges as it's quite thin to work in these awkward areas. For the main panels I use a Mega Fluffy towel, these are just as soft as the MF2 but as the pile is three times as thick will hold more water.
Happy cleaning Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:55am by doug.)
18-06-2012 10:11pm
THEMACS

(18-06-2012 09:06pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Having had the car detailed by GTechniq, I opened an account with them and ordered a few aftercare products.

Washed the car yesterday, the first time in 3 weeks, naughty/tardy I know, but the car still looked clean and I was waiting for my order to come.

Anyhow, as part of my order I got 2 MF2 Zero Scratch Drying Towels.

I nearly dryed the whole car with 1 towel, but wow, I have never come across a drying towel that is as effective as this one, I couldn't stop laughing as the towel moved over another panel with such drying power.

All I can say is that I highly recommend it.

The downside to this was I identified some new bits of damage to the paintwork, I hate this part of car ownership.

Yep, got one f those and a 10 pack of the microfiber cloths along with quite a few cleaning goodies, the C2 spray is impressive.

In future to avoid the noticeable paint damage, stay away from black!!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
18-06-2012 10:12pm
buzben67

what's their G-Wash like? seems good value. can it be used even if your car doesn't have their protection coat?

Pure TD4 Fuji White / Fogs / Privacy Glass / LED Sig Lights / Spare Wheel / Mats n flaps / ordered 1st Aug
10-08-2012 04:59pm
doug

(10-08-2012 04:59pm)buzben67 Wrote:  what's their G-Wash like? seems good value. can it be used even if your car doesn't have their protection coat?

The 250ml bottle is concentrated & it states that 2 caps for light dirt, 4 caps for heavy. But I find that only one cap full is all I need to use as to much seems to strip off my non Gtechinq carnauba wax which seats on top of the Gtechinq sealant. But this could the case with any shampoo as the wax wouldn't bond to the sealant in the same way as if applied to clean paint. I add a wax coating for added gloss.
As for using G-wash on non-Gtechinq treated vehicles, why not. It claims to break the bond between the dirt & your paintwork & lubricates the particles thereby enabling the safest removal of dirt.
It wouldn't add any prevention, but that's not what a car shampoo is meant to do any way.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
10-08-2012 08:31pm