Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Running Lights . . .
LP

RE: Running Lights . . .

(04-04-2011 05:17pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Have specced up the Pure 5-Dr SD4 manual to just over £35k - Fuji White, Tech Pack, 20" Sparkles, Panoramic roof, Keyless, Privacy Glass and Xenons. I can't see anywhere to spec the running lights, will these be included with the Xenons?

Yes. The Xenons include the 'signature Leds'.

If you want the LED strips in the bumper you'll need to spec front fogs too.
04-04-2011 05:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Does it make any financial sense to have a Pure with £4000 of extras, most of which will be worth next to nothing when you come to sell the car on so you have to sell it as a Pure. If you get a few extras you don't want in the Prestige/ Dynamic pack but also get everything else you want then come selling time you will be selling a Prestige rather than an optioned up Pure. Maybe my logic is wrong but loads of optional extras count for very little come resale time you have to pick them very carefully to get anything for them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2011 06:32pm
Wicksy

(04-04-2011 06:32pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Does it make any financial sense to have a Pure with £4000 of extras, most of which will be worth next to nothing when you come to sell the car on so you have to sell it as a Pure. If you get a few extras you don't want in the Prestige/ Dynamic pack but also get everything else you want then come selling time you will be selling a Prestige rather than an optioned up Pure. Maybe my logic is wrong but loads of optional extras count for very little come resale time you have to pick them very carefully to get anything for them.
Take your point Tim but so far as I can see the Dynamic comes in at 2k more without the options I have on the Pure - I'm more concerned about the comforts needed over a 3-4 year period rather than the resale price
(04-04-2011 05:21pm)LP Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 05:17pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Have specced up the Pure 5-Dr SD4 manual to just over £35k - Fuji White, Tech Pack, 20" Sparkles, Panoramic roof, Keyless, Privacy Glass and Xenons. I can't see anywhere to spec the running lights, will these be included with the Xenons?

Yes. The Xenons include the 'signature Leds'.

If you want the LED strips in the bumper you'll need to spec front fogs too.
Forgot to say that they are in with the spec tooWink
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 06:50pm by Wicksy.)
04-04-2011 06:50pm
cjfp

(04-04-2011 06:32pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Does it make any financial sense to have a Pure with £4000 of extras, most of which will be worth next to nothing when you come to sell the car on so you have to sell it as a Pure. If you get a few extras you don't want in the Prestige/ Dynamic pack but also get everything else you want then come selling time you will be selling a Prestige rather than an optioned up Pure. Maybe my logic is wrong but loads of optional extras count for very little come resale time you have to pick them very carefully to get anything for them.

But isn't a Prestige just a well specced Pure (on which I would then still have to put some more spec taking it over £40k when I get a Pure with the extras I want for £36k-ish ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-04-2011 07:43pm
LP

Tim - the Pure SD4 Auto starts at £31315 and the Prestige £38990. Its over £7500 more to jump to the next model! Sadly I am working to a budget.

I think one of the most important things when it comes to resale is getting the right engine. Based on the RRS used market I would have thought a 2/3 year old TD4 won't sell as quickly as a SD4. I also think there are options which you almost have to choose given the cost of the car (e.g. the Pure Tech pack). I think a SD4 Pure Tech will sell well in the used market in a couple of years. A TD4 Pure will probably be harder to shift.
04-04-2011 07:46pm
cjfp

(04-04-2011 07:46pm)LP Wrote:  

Tim - the Pure SD4 Auto starts at £31315 and the Prestige £38990. Its over £7500 more to jump to the next model! Sadly I am working to a budget.

I think one of the most important things when it comes to resale is getting the right engine. Based on the RRS used market I would have thought a 2/3 year old TD4 won't sell as quickly as a SD4. I also think there are options which you almost have to choose given the cost of the car (e.g. the Pure Tech pack). I think a SD4 Pure Tech will sell well in the used market in a couple of years. A TD4 Pure will probably be harder to shift.

Good news for you though LP is that they all have the same size boot.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-04-2011 07:57pm
Wicksy

I honestly struggle to see much difference in the Pure and Dynamic in any of the pictures - £2.5k price hike over a well specced Pure is a lot of money for a few subtle spoilers here and there
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:19pm by Wicksy.)
04-04-2011 09:17pm
XFullFatTim

Back to topic - lights!
If you go to the LR website and click Evoque, then click on the Explore tab, select a Dynamic or a Prestige model and then click the exterior features tab then scroll down to the headlights and you will see the "signature" LED's around the various Xenon options - it is several strips of LEDs like the RRS/FFRR/D4 have around the edge of the light projectors. If you also look at the fog lights further up the page you will see they are the LED type

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2011 09:18pm
Urban Splash

(04-04-2011 09:17pm)Wicksy Wrote:  I honestly struggle to see much difference in the Pure and Dynamic in any of the pictures - £2.5k price hike over a well specced Pure is a lot of money for a few subtle spoilers here and there

I was thinking the same.....

However, the front grille looks better on a Prestige and Dynamic. Contrast roof looks cool. Maybe memory seats are standard on Prestige/Dynamic? Oh, and the leather seats are better quality and you get a leather dash (I think).

Also, the black 'Evoque' badge on the back of the Pure will look awful! Smile

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:34pm by Urban Splash.)
04-04-2011 09:32pm
XFullFatTim

Full Oxford leather interior instead of "soft touch" material, adaptive dynamics button, HDD nav with audio server, 20" wheels, body kit, twin tailpipes with finishers, red Evoque badge, fog lamps, Xenon head lamps with "signature" leds, cuddly toy.................... just some of the differences,

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2011 09:52pm