Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof rails - do they spoil the lines?
Coolbanana

Roof rails - do they spoil the lines?

Roof rails...I've ordered them because I'm concerned I'll need more space than the boot provides on occasion and a roof box is the obvious solution...

However, the Evoque's lines are very attractive and I'm worried that the rails will detract from the clean aesthetics. I've not seen enough pictures to decide conclusively and none with the panoramic roof and rails.

I'm torn as to whether I should continue and get them or risk struggling with luggage space to preserve the car's looks...

What's the consensus - do they look ok to you, has anyone with the panoramic roof got them?

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
20-12-2011 11:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

RE: Roof rails - do they spoil the lines?

(20-12-2011 11:39pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Roof rails...I've ordered them because I'm concerned I'll need more space than the boot provides on occasion and a roof box is the obvious solution...

However, the Evoque's lines are very attractive and I'm worried that the rails will detract from the clean aesthetics. I've not seen enough pictures to decide conclusively and none with the panoramic roof and rails.

I'm torn as to whether I should continue and get them or risk struggling with luggage space to preserve the car's looks...

What's the consensus - do they look ok to you, has anyone with the panoramic roof got them?

I'm having a black pair fitted tom, (wed) on a Fuji white 5 door with Pano roof..Very Happy

This Video towards the end, shows roof rails on a moving car..hope this helps Wink

I think they will look pretty good as they don't sit to high like on other vehicles, and this video shows this.

When they are fitted i will post some pic's.. Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 12:00am by cutter7.)
20-12-2011 11:49pm
Coolbanana

Thanks Cutter7, the rails look fine in that video - I'm probably worrying needlessly!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
20-12-2011 11:57pm
JiiPee

Here you find couple of pics of silver rails

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Pure-T...roof-rails

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
21-12-2011 12:06am
caroline11000

For the practical reasons of being able to put stuff on the roof they are ok, not sure I would order them for looks only! I guess they just look a bit odd because there aren't many cars seen with them yet! My personal opinion of course!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
21-12-2011 10:34am
WB
WB

There's a thule bar kit that will fit without the rails if you have a 5 door Evoque - I think I'm going to go for that so I don't have to have the permanent rails.
21-12-2011 11:43am
mark_n

I think they look fine, going for black.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-12-2011 05:24pm
cutter7

Photo's of Fitted Rails ('i don't think they spoil the lines', what do you guys think?)..

The Roof Box on the BM will sit on top..

Very Happy

I have more closer photo's of these rails i'll post later.. Wink
More Photo's of rails..

and again....finished!

Very HappyVery Happy

(This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 07:56pm by cutter7.)
22-12-2011 07:08pm
Coolbanana

Looks very good Cutter7!

Mine actually arrived today looking at the boxes I've received from Duckworths (haven't opened them yet) so I'll fit them next week. I went for the black one's too.

Cheers!

22-12-2011 09:31pm
PAT

I think it enhances the look of the Evoque and will be adding black rails to mine.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
22-12-2011 09:43pm