Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rigid Loadspace Protector
Alex

Rigid Loadspace Protector

Does anyone know if the Rigid Loadspace Protector is compatible with the stowage rails (luggage space rails)?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
09-12-2011 06:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Rigid Loadspace Protector

(09-12-2011 06:22pm)Alex Wrote:  Does anyone know if the Rigid Loadspace Protector is compatible with the stowage rails (luggage space rails)?

Im not sure if I understand your question properly but I have the rigid load space and it does mean that you can't access the boot mounted stowage hooks whilst its in place.. Hope this helps

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
09-12-2011 08:12pm
Alex

With my order I'm getting the load space rails (so you can add the retention kit). I wasn't sure if the rigid protector (or any loadspace protector) had a slot in it to allow use of the load space rails - main site does not state compatibilty.

http://accessories.landrover.com/inter/a...DAAFF64567

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
09-12-2011 08:54pm
mark_n

The Rigid Loadspace Protector does not have any provision for the tie-down eyes at all, either the standard ones or the larger sliding ones which come with the loadspace rails and they must therefore be removed before the tray can be inserted. It has a useful recess for an umbrella at the back.

The Loadspace Rubber Mat does have cut outs for the standard tie-down eyes but the larger eyes which come with the loadspace rails are too large. I only got my mat today, and some deft work with a Stanley knife will be required to allow them to be used.

I'm going to attach a fold-down flap to the bottom rear edge of the rubber mat which can be used to protect the bumper.

If you want to use the tie-down eyes in a non-standard position, you cannot use either boot floor protection option - CORRECTION - unless you cut off the sides of the rubber mat as I mention below.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 09:18pm by mark_n.)
13-12-2011 05:21pm
Alex

Thanks for responding...

A bit annoying as I got the luggage (stowage) rails added as an option on the assumption once I had a rigid loadspace protector installed it would prevent things sliding around in the boot. However they have not obviously designed any loadspace protectors to accommodate the addition of luggage rails.

Might just have to do as you suggest and cut away at the rubber matt, but wonder if there may be a later edition to the range to allow for the accommodation of the luggage rail accessories.

13-12-2011 05:46pm
mark_n

Looking at it, I think the best thing to do is to cut off the side extensions which will allow the eyes to slide the length of the rails. The mat is quite heavy and will sit happily in the space between the rails. I think enlarging the cut-outs will look messy and will prevent the eyes from sliding.

Also worth getting is the load retention net which comes with a useful pair of ratcheting straps which will be useful for anchoring heavier loads to the boot floor.

Edit: Don't forget too the rails will support the social seating which is coming out next year. The rails look cool and are well worth specifying - less expensive than after market.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 08:18pm by mark_n.)
13-12-2011 08:15pm