Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reverse camera
NightFox

RE: Reverse camera

(02-01-2013 02:04pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  +1, And would look better intead of having that offset blob on the rear, but would cost more to have a motor to retract etc, rather than just a fixed block to bolt on and connect.

Shame you cant activate the camera while driving forwards, maybe you can if you have the surround cams, but not with the reversing cam only.

You can! I can't remember the exact way at the moment, but if you go into the settings for the mood lighting and the camera, I think you can turn it on in there.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
02-01-2013 02:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Interesting NightFox, must have another look then, strange place to have it though if it's in "Setup" no wonder I didn't find it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-01-2013 02:20pm
Misfit

I've never had a reverse camera before, but I think the one I have now on my evoque is great. It doesn't ever need to warm up as others seem to be experiencing, and get a full clear view. I've changed the shortcut buttons on the home screen to include the camera and you can view it as you drive.

Santorini Black Dynamic SD4. Privacy glass, keyless entry, black headlining, spare wheel. Delete engine badge. Downgraded to style 5 wheels.
02-01-2013 07:20pm
PhilSkill

(02-01-2013 07:20pm)Misfit Wrote:  I've never had a reverse camera before, but I think the one I have now on my evoque is great. It doesn't ever need to warm up as others seem to be experiencing, and get a full clear view. I've changed the shortcut buttons on the home screen to include the camera and you can view it as you drive.

Hmmm wonder if this is another old/new software thing as I set my home screen shortcuts up and would have chosen camera option if available...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2013 01:02am
Stadt Panzer

Reverse camera

Can do the same on mine MY2012

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-01-2013 08:39am
QUEEVO

Reverse camera

Perhaps it's a surround camera option...?

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
03-01-2013 08:44am
WB
WB

I've driven cars with both and you can switch on any camera while driving (including the rear) on the surround camera option but not on the rear only camera
03-01-2013 05:13pm
GerryP

I have the rear only option, and as I said earlier, I think it is pathetic when compared to the camera on the much cheaper Toyota Yaris (which cost a third of the price). The dealers in the West of Ireland where I purchased this RRE couldnt care less once they got my money. Love the car but am not impressed with dealership (or camera)
03-01-2013 06:57pm
cjfp

My rear cam is great and I really can't fault the picture (until it gets dirty)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-01-2013 07:12pm
Wife's car

Can I ask for an opinion on the rear camera...I have ordered my Evoque without camera, after salesman said it was more of a gimmick, I drove a car with and without and found I used the mirrors more than the camera image.
Maybe it would change with frequency of use.
What's the view of regular users, is it worth the expense?
When is it most beneficial, parking? garage? Would you have it fitted again if you had the choice?
03-01-2013 10:02pm