Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reverse camera
GerryP

Reverse camera

Hello, has anybdy got a gripe with the image from the reverse camera. I find that almost a third of the image on one side is of my bumper, the other side is not quite so bad. Opinions please
30-12-2012 01:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Reverse camera

No gripe here Wink

Somewhere in the North Sea.
30-12-2012 09:21am
GerryP

RE: Reverse camera

Do you get a full screen picture or is some of it taken up by the bumper?
30-12-2012 11:37am
Stadt Panzer

Reverse camera

Without going outside and checking I'd say that if any of the bumper is to see then its really only the tip of it.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
30-12-2012 11:44am
Sarcastrix

That's pretty normal for the rear view camera.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rear-view...-has-moved

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
30-12-2012 01:29pm
Kentboy

My gripe is the time it takes to engage. I am usually off the drive and moving forward when it appears on the screen. My BMW is there immediately. Little things seem to be difficult![/align]

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
01-01-2013 12:40pm
GerryP

(30-12-2012 01:29pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  That's pretty normal for the rear view camera.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rear-view...-has-moved

Thanks for the link to previous discussion, the pictures show the same problem as I am having. I also own a Toyota Yaris and the rear camera is a much better image by far, on a car which cost a third of the price. Not a happy bunny here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-01-2013 12:16am
goldenboi79

I think it depends on your options. If you have the surround cam system, the image quality is much higher. I have no gripe at all about it at all. Much better than the last Jag backup cam i had, as well as the wife's Lexus

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
02-01-2013 05:19am
NightFox

My biggest criticism is the location of the camera - it's too low so quickly gets covered in road spray. On my RRS the camera was next to the high-level brake light which meant it suffered much less from spray. I'm actually surprised that car manufacturers in general don't seem to use a retractable camera, where it only 'pops out' when it's activated as it would help keep it clean and clear.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
02-01-2013 01:09pm
PhilSkill

+1, And would look better intead of having that offset blob on the rear, but would cost more to have a motor to retract etc, rather than just a fixed block to bolt on and connect.

Shame you cant activate the camera while driving forwards, maybe you can if you have the surround cams, but not with the reversing cam only.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-01-2013 02:04pm