Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restricted performance
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Restricted performance

How low did you run the tank to, there is a fuel pump protection system programmed in and if you take the tank right down to the yellow light being on then you can lower the fuel tank until the pump draws air which will trigger a reduced performance warning when cornering at higher speeds or driving up/ down steep hills. You may have drawn air into the pump and it needs re-priming. Only one EGR because there is only 1 turbo I think.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-05-2017 08:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zs_phil

It was very low there was one petrol station but was closed so had to drive very cautiously to the next with no gadgets on, but 2 code readers gave me p0403 and p0405 which indicates a egr problem
But a diagnostic check will tell me what's up
How does one prime it again is it back to a garage for a fix or a new part if it is that
Thanks Tim by the way
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 12:35pm by Zs_phil.)
11-05-2017 12:34pm
XFullFatTim

OK Phil - over on RRSport a member has had the same issue with an SDv8 RRS that is only 1 year old. He too ran the tank very low and despite having been to the dealer the warnings kept returning. Fed up with the situation he took the car for a high speed run/ blast and so far no more warnings of impending doom or restricted performance.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 08:16am by XFullFatTim.)
13-05-2017 08:15am
Zs_phil

Had it on a diagnostic machine, and it is the egr valve unfortunately, can't blame the evoque it's ran faultlessly but will blame myself for the short start stop journeys.
But onwards and upwards gets fixed Friday along with a remap so will have around 235bhp and just put 2 new tyres on to enjoy the occasion haha

But did take it for a long motorway blast but couldn't get the revs beyond 2.5k as was restricted
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2017 09:27am by Zs_phil.)
14-05-2017 09:25am
XFullFatTim

Sounds like you have have a satisfactory cure, who is doing the re-map?

14-05-2017 12:12pm
Zs_phil

A1 remapping, got great reviews and done quite a few range rovers along with plenty of other high end cars
Like the a45 amg
Everyone of my previous petrol turbo cars have been remapped and with this my first diesel I'm looking forward to seeing the difference
14-05-2017 12:57pm
Zs_phil

Had it remapped and boy has it woken it up, no lag at all and pulls well into the revs.
Will make overtaking a doddle definitely worth it
20-05-2017 01:15pm
ragtap

So you finally remapped it instead of fixing the EGR or you did it both?

I got the same issue.

Thank
26-02-2019 09:51am