Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restricted performance issue
MPK

RE: Restricted performance issue

(06-02-2012 11:28am)Millotte Wrote:  Mpk,

Did you get a final result?

I picked up my car from the dealer on Saturday. An engineer directly from the head office was involved with diagnosing and repairing the issue. The engineer looks to have replaced a sensor that controlled the oxygen circulation. I don’t quite remember the exact name of the sensor but it was the one that determined the source of air to the engine - clean air that's sourced from outside or recycled air from the engine.

Drove back to Canberra this morning without any issues. Hope it’s all sorted!

For the inconvenient and as a good will gesture LR was offering to extend the warranty by two years. I was pleased with the customer service offered by the LR but hope it’s the time I need to deal with them. Smile

Like the overwhelming majority of owners...... love driving my evoque!!!

Cheers,
MPK

Update : EGR sensor was replaced.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 11:27pm by MPK.)
06-02-2012 11:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

Good news! I have nothing but good things to say about LR service here in Houston TX. I would buy this over again with the rattle after my experience with LR here. I have bought new models from other manufacturers before and did not receive the care and understanding I have with LR. After picking my car up with the wind noise resolved they even thanked me for my patience!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
06-02-2012 07:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SSamson

Received this same warning last night. Suspect it was linked to the fact that I let the fuel level get quite low (just under one gallon.) Warning light & message came on, car sputtered. Turned off and on and warnings/sputterings ceased. Car is fine today. Will watch for your updates! Good luck.

(30-01-2012 09:51am)MPK Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I unfortunately have some disappointing news of my evoque! Sad

I was on my way to Canberra last weekend (on the freeway) when "Restricted Performance" appeared on the dash with an amber exclamation mark. At that point i wasn't able to accelerate as the the transmission wouldn't drop to a lower gear. When i phoned LR roadside assistance, they mentioned that it had gone into "limp mode" and asked me to lock/unlock the car using the remote 4 times to reset it but it didn't seem to reset.

We "limped" to Goulburn and made arrangements to get the car towed to Canberra. After waiting for about an 1 hour, we went back to the car to find the warning message had disappeared. We drove up and down the street to find the car had returned back to normal. After checking with road side assistance and getting their OK we drove back to Canberra without the issue reoccurring. The next morning i took the vehicle to my local dealer and they said they couldn't find any issue with it or extract any codes. They said it could be a false alarm.

This Wednesday when we were driving back to Sydney, the same issue occurred again. It occured three times between Canberra and Sutton Forrest (150KM) with the warning resetting each time the car was left off for about 15 minutes. We again "limped" to Campbelltown and asked the car to be taken to the nearest dealer. We were provided with nights accommodation in a motel and a hire-car for the weekend. I'd have to say I was quite impressed with the road side assistance provided.

The latest update is that LR has appointed an incident case manager and yesterday I got a call to say that the the technical team will be involved to directly with this case. Will let you know as i hear more....

Cheers,
MPK
09-02-2012 11:11pm
Biker

Generally not a good idea to run a diesel too low on fuel. Whilst a petrol engine will start from an empty tank filled up again, a diesel works slightly different.
Diesel uses compression to combust as oppose to a spark for petrol engines and when running low on diesel fuel, the engine system struggles to pump enough fuel to the chambers. This will lead to spluttering as there are not enough fuel to combust. Air gets into the fuel line and adds to the complexity.
Petrol being more flamable does not suffer from this.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
10-02-2012 10:24am
vx_evoque

Hi MPK

Can you please tell me how your issue was fixed ? Also was it raining when this problem happened to you. ? In my case it was raining and I was in cruise mode. Tried accelerating to overtake a vehicle and boom, reduced performance amber light switched on and car was in lino mode. I had to restart car to reset the issue. But very scary

I see you have fixed your car. Please give me some info so that I can help my service guys as they are pretty clueless now. !!!

I'm from California. I have 2013 Evoque 4 Dr
26-12-2012 05:38pm
MPK

Hi vx_evoque,

My issue was a faulty EGR sensor. It was not raining when it happened but i was also overtaking another car in a hilly area.

The good news is it seems LR has released a software update for Si4 (Petrol) to fix this issue in the wet : http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-wet-en...-Christmas

I assume you have an Si4?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
26-12-2012 08:22pm
ant

I've had the EGR problem too. See my other post.
I think it might have been linked to letting the fuel run really low. I'd filled it up and had driven 10s of miles. Parked the car up for a week. When I came back and started it - Limp Mode, Restricted Performance. Fixed now.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
07-11-2013 06:22pm