Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restricted performance issue
MPK

Restricted performance issue

Hi Guys,

I unfortunately have some disappointing news of my evoque! Sad

I was on my way to Canberra last weekend (on the freeway) when "Restricted Performance" appeared on the dash with an amber exclamation mark. At that point i wasn't able to accelerate as the the transmission wouldn't drop to a lower gear. When i phoned LR roadside assistance, they mentioned that it had gone into "limp mode" and asked me to lock/unlock the car using the remote 4 times to reset it but it didn't seem to reset.

We "limped" to Goulburn and made arrangements to get the car towed to Canberra. After waiting for about an 1 hour, we went back to the car to find the warning message had disappeared. We drove up and down the street to find the car had returned back to normal. After checking with road side assistance and getting their OK we drove back to Canberra without the issue reoccurring. The next morning i took the vehicle to my local dealer and they said they couldn't find any issue with it or extract any codes. They said it could be a false alarm.

This Wednesday when we were driving back to Sydney, the same issue occurred again. It occured three times between Canberra and Sutton Forrest (150KM) with the warning resetting each time the car was left off for about 15 minutes. We again "limped" to Campbelltown and asked the car to be taken to the nearest dealer. We were provided with nights accommodation in a motel and a hire-car for the weekend. I'd have to say I was quite impressed with the road side assistance provided.

The latest update is that LR has appointed an incident case manager and yesterday I got a call to say that the the technical team will be involved to directly with this case. Will let you know as i hear more....

Cheers,
MPK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
30-01-2012 09:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcowell

RE: Restricted performance issue

wow! I was a little concerned about Land Rovers track record and this has me a little worried. Sure it's great that they have provided a free nights accommodation and seem to be on the case but I'm a little worried about reliability now. Has anyone else had issues like this? Keep us updated on how this pans out. My current car is a Maxda, 6 years old and ONLY time it has broken down or not started was due to a dead battery so I'm a little worried about spending more than 2x my current cars price and having questionable reliability.
30-01-2012 10:08am
chiggy

That's pretty shocking MPK.

Sorry to hear about the issues! hoping it gets sorted out soon!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-01-2012 10:10am
RacingSnake

Sorry OP, nothing to add to your problem other than at least LR have looked after you!!

@bcowell...
All cars have niggles, especially '1st Gen' models.
Think of how many cars have been produced... couple that with the owners who use forums, and couple that again with the owners who post 'my car is working fine' type posts.
Forums are very much a conduit for issues/help/negatives, so I wouldn't read too much into seemingly single instance issues.
Having problems is one thing, how they are handled is another, and in this instance, its being taken seriously Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
30-01-2012 10:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Millotte

Bad news, but glad Lr are looking after you. I've had my fair share of issues with their products in the past( disco 3 air suspention issues and a few other with a rrs) but it's the after sales service that they provide they has kept me with the brand. I limped the car out of the garage to a tilt tray lr had sent and right behind it was a replacement car driven up from the dealer. All the gentleman asked was to be dropped to the local train station to make his way back to the dealership..

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
30-01-2012 11:02am
bcowell

(30-01-2012 10:12am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Sorry OP, nothing to add to your problem other than at least LR have looked after you!!

@bcowell...
All cars have niggles, especially '1st Gen' models.
Think of how many cars have been produced... couple that with the owners who use forums, and couple that again with the owners who post 'my car is working fine' type posts.
Forums are very much a conduit for issues/help/negatives, so I wouldn't read too much into seemingly single instance issues.
Having problems is one thing, how they are handled is another, and in this instance, its being taken seriously Smile

Yes I agree with what you are saying it was more so me looking at the top 10 most unreliable cars and from memory Land Rover being at the top of the list, coupled with this report that has me a little concerned. I realise you can get a lemon with any car company and you are right it's how the company handles the problems that are important but still nothing worse than speidning 70k on a car and having constant issues with it (not saying this will be the case with the evoque, it's really too early to tell)

Nothing worse than breaking down in peak hour traffic while trying to get home from work!
30-01-2012 11:22am
DefLeppard

MPK , how early in the piece was your car built?

I am hoping these and other issues will gradually reduce in number with later builds. ?? Or is that wishful thinking!

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
30-01-2012 11:49am
MPK

(30-01-2012 11:49am)DefLeppard Wrote:  MPK , how early in the piece was your car built?

I am hoping these and other issues will gradually reduce in number with later builds. ?? Or is that wishful thinking!

DefLeppard,

Mines was a Nov 2011 build.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
30-01-2012 11:11pm
benzina

Hope they get it sorted for you MPK. Intermittant problems are the worst.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
31-01-2012 01:50am
Millotte

Mpk,

Did you get a final result?

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
06-02-2012 11:28am