Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Replacing dual view screen with standard 8" screen
Ghotson

Replacing dual view screen with standard 8" screen

Does anyone has any experience swapping out the dual view screen for the standard (higher resolution) 8” screen? I have a MY13. Is it a simple case of just replacing with the revised part, or is it incompatible with the embedded graphics? I know people have spoken of uploading different logos to the nav when adding speed cameras for the dual view screen, so guess it may be an issue?

I’ve asked my dealer, and they have said they’re not allowed to alter it from the factory spec, even with LR parts to another factory spec.

Don't want to go and order a new screen, then find it doesn't work.

I really dislike the crunchy low resolution of the dual view screen (which I have no use for, and the TV reception is pretty hopeless on the move anyway), and am considering adding a Mirrolink module, which is available from a local company here in Melbourne - where the extra resolution would be very welcome.

(Main purpose of the Mirrorlink is to get Apple / Google map navigation, incorporating traffic onto the main screen).

Any advice and feedback appreciated - thanks in advance.

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
10-08-2016 12:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J. Dub

RE: Replacing dual view screen with standard 8" screen

(10-08-2016 12:58pm)Ghotson Wrote:  Does anyone has any experience swapping out the dual view screen for the standard (higher resolution) 8” screen? I have a MY13. Is it a simple case of just replacing with the revised part, or is it incompatible with the embedded graphics? I know people have spoken of uploading different logos to the nav when adding speed cameras for the dual view screen, so guess it may be an issue?

I’ve asked my dealer, and they have said they’re not allowed to alter it from the factory spec, even with LR parts to another factory spec.

Don't want to go and order a new screen, then find it doesn't work.

I really dislike the crunchy low resolution of the dual view screen (which I have no use for, and the TV reception is pretty hopeless on the move anyway), and am considering adding a Mirrolink module, which is available from a local company here in Melbourne - where the extra resolution would be very welcome.

(Main purpose of the Mirrorlink is to get Apple / Google map navigation, incorporating traffic onto the main screen).

Any advice and feedback appreciated - thanks in advance.
Someone makes mirrorlink for our evoques?

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
11-08-2016 05:04pm
Ghotson

Yep - NaviPlus, based in Melbourne, Australia (Brunswick).

(Another forum member Mark^^ used them to install an aftermarket sat nav in his Evoque as well with apparently excellent results).

I've spoken to them a couple of times - they had some compatibility issues last year with the Evoque which are now all resolved so it works 100%. Have the option of a wired or wireless connection.

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 01:03am by Ghotson.)
12-08-2016 01:02am
J. Dub

This is great stuff. I will check them out. Sorry I can't help you with your question in the OP.

17-08-2016 02:45am
J. Dub

Did you ever figure this out?

09-09-2016 07:23pm