Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Replacing Michelin Latitude Sport 245 45 20...
andrewcui

Replacing Michelin Latitude Sport 245 45 20...

Hi guys... Just wondering if anyone has had to replace the Michelin Latitude Sport 245 45 20 yet?

I popped one of the tyres today and it looks to me like it won't be repairable... I'm going to call around a few tyre places tomorrow and monday to try get a replacement... however looking at the michelin site it doesn't list the above size at all for the Latitude Sport... anyone know if these are actually stocked in australia?

I've only done 4000km so would like to get the same tyre to replace the busted one..

I'll probably also try calling the dealer on monday.. but any suggestions/experience from the members will be great Smile

i'm in melbourne btw..

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
21-07-2012 09:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Replacing Michelin Latitude Sport 245 45 20...

andrewcui, the Michelin website is not up to scratch, but pretty sure the 245/45 x 20 are available to order.
I remember enquiring about them,and like the Continentals of this size,stocks are generally kept low in Australia (you might be lucky they have some in stock currently), you can order them,but it can take a month or so to come in.
Be prepared to be shocked by the price, as both Conti's and Michelins of this size are around $700-$800 each.
Before you call any tyre place, i recommend you call Michelin Australia, and ask them about stocks of this particular tyre. They can tell you if they have any available and in stock,and or which dealers have them.
I'm going to order an extra Continental and 5th Alloy rim, just so i have them sitting in the garage and ready for times like this.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 02:14am by benzina.)
22-07-2012 02:01am
sethor

They are available locally, I paid $630 for one fitted & ballanced.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
22-07-2012 09:11am
benzina

Thats a damb good price sethor. Where did you get it? Did you buy it to be a spare tyre?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
22-07-2012 10:36am
sethor

Barbagallo tyre centre, had a mishap with a pot hole. Going to try to claim it back from the council.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
24-07-2012 03:47pm
andrewcui

Anyway... I went to my usual tyre place.. i was quoted $620 for the tyre... the guy said if i am looking at any of the 'high end' tyres in this size they are mostly around the $550-$650 price point.. but it is possible to get this size tyre for about $320+

Now this is the part that I like... being part of this wonderful forum... one of the members in Brisbane saw this thread and PM'ed me... he had one spare Michelin Latitude Sport 245/45/20 which had done about 3000km! He had the same unfortunate incident where he had 1 unrepairable tyre.. so he ended up getting 2 new tyres.. leaving him with the spare.

So I bought the tyre from him and arranged a courier to melbourne... went back to my local tyre place today and they changed it for me for $10!

I would have to say if it wasn't for this forum there is no way i would have been able to source a replacement tyre at such a good price!
Smile

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
(This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 07:51am by andrewcui.)
28-07-2012 07:50am