Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Replacement of batteries on 2015 Evoque Pure Premium
jeturne

Replacement of batteries on 2015 Evoque Pure Premium

Hi,

My wife's eco feature stopped working a while ago. The local dealer is advising that we need to replace both batteries and update the BSM module at a total cost of ~$1100. I'm not a mechanic, but that pricing seems ridiculous. For the main battery, I'll most likely go with the Duralast H7-AGM. However, I can't find a part number or suitable replacement for the auxiliary battery. Anyone have that information handy?

Any other suggestions or words of warning?

Thanks!
14-11-2018 03:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
northy

RE: Replacement of batteries on 2015 Evoque Pure Premium

Try just replacing the (smaller) start stop battery. If it is now dead (or has been for a while), it will have put your other (larger) battery under strain, but does not mean the larger one will be likely to fail. The smaller battery was around $400 AUD (i'm in Australia) and the larger one is approx $300 here for an aftermarket version. I would suggest an original equipment version for the smaller one, as the casing / battery connectors aren't standard for after market for that smaller battery.

I did it the wrong way round (as my dealer wasnt informative enough to tell me there were two batteries), and replacing the larger one was no help to getting anything to work, whilst replacing the smaller one did the trick and she has been good for nearly a year. I use the old larger one as a spare battery to power a fridge and it is still going strong - so didnt need replacing...

Not much info around for the battery model - If I recall correctly, it is identical to a similar year Start Stop battery in the Jaguar - so try searching the net for that info. I took mine out to find the details last time.
14-11-2018 05:35pm
jeturne

RE: Replacement of batteries on 2015 Evoque Pure Premium

Thanks for the advice Northy. I'll do as you say and try the smaller one first. Hopefully I can dig out the specs from the battery so I can figure out what battery to buy. I'll report back if I have luck (or not)
15-11-2018 03:54pm