Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Replacement for the Evoque?
IvorRedOne

RE: Replacement for the Evoque?

(12-03-2018 11:56am)jcarrot Wrote:  Any suggestions?

Volvo XC-60 R-Design D5 Lux Nav 20inch wheels from Carwow. Quality build, quality car and put against my wife's Evoque, smashes it out of the park.
09-07-2018 12:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jcarrot

(09-07-2018 12:55am)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Volvo XC-60 R-Design D5 Lux Nav 20inch wheels from Carwow. Quality build, quality car and put against my wife's Evoque, smashes it out of the park.

I would expect that to exceed the £40,000 barrier in terms of Road Tax.
10-07-2018 10:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If the older Yeti was anything to go by it’s replacement the Skoda Karoq is supposed to be a dammed fine car but at £40k you might even get the next bigger model up from them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-07-2018 04:49pm
harry

I went for VW Amarok V6 Highline in May 2017. compared to RRE no issue, except it needed new PDF at 14.000km.
and it pulls like a train..
19-09-2018 08:01pm
CSJ

Hi everyone , read this thread with interest. I have had three Evoques in the past and am currently driving a Porsche Macan Diesel. The Macan is well into its third year with me and with all the diesel fuss its time to say goodbye to it. It has been a faultless car and great fun to drive, however there is a revamped model coming with deliveries likely from March and I think this will have a bad effect on the residuals as the new model will be more desirable, there will be many trade ins and Porsche no longer supply diesels. The price I can get atm is very good so its time for it to go and the new Macan is just to expensive for what it is (in my humble opinion) with the extras you need to make it a nice drive.
I have had a good look and test driven Velar, RRS, BMW x3 and x4, SQ5 and Volvo XC60.
I found the Velar and RRS just a bit to big and to expensive relative to what you get in the other cars. The X4 is a marmite car but I like marmite, its just to expensive in the only petrol they do in the UK, if they did the 2 litre it might be a different matter. The X3 is a great all-round car, I just don't like its styling, a purely personal thing. The SQ5 was great to drive but the interior does not do it for me, if it had the ergonomics of the new Q3 with its integrated infotainment screen then I would probably have gone for the Q5, but for me there is to much much black plastic and the screen looks like a poor iPad imitation stuck on the dash.
The winner for me was the XC60. Great interior, comfortable and more luxurious than the German cars. The Velar and RRS shave it on interior style but the difference in price is shocking. I was able to get a factory order for a fully loaded XC60 with nearly every option for significantly less than a Q5 and a whole car less than a Velar.
This stuff is always personal choice and I have enjoyed all of the cars I have owned (except the X6!)
Good luck to anyone thinking of a car change

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
01-10-2018 10:26pm
Koidream

You wan't regret going for a VOLVO

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
02-10-2018 07:25am
RogB

you say he wont regret it but...

a friend of mine had a 2010 Discovery 4 HSE, he had a few relatively minor issues over his 4/5 years of ownership but loved the car. However it was time for a change. He didn't fancy any of the current LR/RR fleet so opted for a brand new XC90 3.0 R Dynamic costing about £55k............. and he hates it !!

his main niggles are that it is very uninspiring to drive, it doesn't make him want to drive it and doesn't put a smile on his face when he does. But the main hate is the autonomous driving features. The car brakes too hard and too often (hes not a fast driver nor a tailgater), it changes lanes or warns of lane departure even when he isn't. It detects cars coming up on the left on a slip road and thinks a crash is going to happen so slams the brakes on. There are a couple more similar problem areas but I cant remember what they are.
He has turned off everything he can, and the main dealer has also run diagnostics and tried to de-sensitise the autonomous sensors but it hasn't helped.

he is tied into a 2 year deal with it (all be it a very good one) but at the minute feels he will be looking at a RRS to replace the XC90.

Personal tastes and driving styles ?... possibly... but IMO too much of risk to take buying one for £50k + and hating it that much.

Another friend has a high mileage 63 plate XC60 D5 R Dynamic and absolutely loves it....

I would certainly be looking at a used XC60 to replace my Evoque when the time comes (but I just love the LR/RR brand too much Smile )

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
02-10-2018 08:22am
Koidream

I sold my previous VOLVO after 8 years at 300.000km without any problem. I picked up a brand new RRE and had allready 4 probs before I left the garage. A month later the counter was at 8 problems...
And beyond this, JLR service is far from VOLVO service, but that off course can be a local problem.

It is all about feelings and experiences and I had a real bad experience with JLR so far. Despite they make very beautiful cars, my next wan't be from this "premium" car seller Wink

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 10:17am by Koidream.)
02-10-2018 10:17am