Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Removing battery when on holiday?
zambiaman

Removing battery when on holiday?

Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
18-07-2012 08:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tplus

RE: Removing battery when on holiday?

(18-07-2012 08:49pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

I reckon it will go in "dead"-mode. For 2 months you need an automatic charger wired to the battery.
18-07-2012 11:25pm
Edward1111

Well its time to change the car battery that really good because Every European people have changed their car battery especially in that days and I also have changed the battery last week in that days. What do you say about it buddy ?? and if any body wants to share any information about it then please share me dude ?? Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 06:01am by Edward1111.)
20-08-2013 04:34pm
PhilSkill

(18-07-2012 08:49pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Hi, I am currently on holiday for 2 months and have not removed the battery. Will the car go into "sleep mode" if such a mode exists?

Thanks!

You may be ok, but it's quite a long time so the Battery may be weak or flat, it'll be good to hear how you get on when you return from Holiday if you would let us know.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-08-2013 05:00pm
scrannel

Of course, you should not have to put your car on a changer. If I were you, I would have a load test done on your battery -- or just see what happens. When I bought my car, a 2013, new, I was getting the "two (three?) minute warning". Dealer load tested, declared the battery unfit and replaced it under warranty. Before replacing it they checked to see if my car had received the "charging software fix." (This was during the first week of ownership).

Like all our other cars I expect to be able to go away for extended periods and not come home to a dead battery. If I did, my dealer would replace under warranty.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
20-08-2013 05:08pm