Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Removable Tow Hook
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Removable Tow Hook

It is on the welding on the hanger

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 06:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

I just went to the dealer for info about installing a tow bar. I'm talking about the LR detachable tow bar installed by a LR dealer. He mentioned something about a little plate to put on the bumper when the tow bar is detached so as to not see the cut and the system. I don't see this on the pictures you posted. Has anyone heard about this or seen it?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
25-06-2012 02:49pm
olde

"Rusty exhaust hanger weldings" seems to be a common complaint, I have read many postings about this. I wonder if there are other welding spots that are having the same issue. If this is a serious Quality Assurance issue, you should PM PhilSkill and get it added to his final version of The List.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
27-06-2012 06:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(25-06-2012 02:49pm)Kimv Wrote:  I just went to the dealer for info about installing a tow bar. I'm talking about the LR detachable tow bar installed by a LR dealer. He mentioned something about a little plate to put on the bumper when the tow bar is detached so as to not see the cut and the system. I don't see this on the pictures you posted. Has anyone heard about this or seen it?
Kimv, no blanking piece for the bumper cut unless LR are secretly working on one, but there is a rubbery plug that blocks up the socket when the tow hook is removed

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-06-2012 05:16pm
Kimv

Removable Tow Hook

(29-06-2012 05:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Kimv, no blanking piece for the bumper cut unless LR are secretly working on one, but there is a rubbery plug that blocks up the socket when the tow hook is removed

Thanks. I went to see another dealer and they confirmed what you said.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
29-06-2012 05:56pm
exigejoe

Is the factory tow bar. I want to get a tow hitch receiver so i can put a bike carrier. Do they have to cut a huge cut out for the tow hitch. In your opinon is it an eye sore. I have a Pure model.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
30-06-2012 09:29pm