Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote Tailgate Closing Mod
Bowl

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod

It's not key fob programming, I used an RF switch to connect to the boot switch.

I'll be away for almost a week, then I'll come back and post some pics.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
12-09-2012 11:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

(12-09-2012 11:02am)Bowl Wrote:  It's not key fob programming, I used an RF switch to connect to the boot switch.

I'll be away for almost a week, then I'll come back and post some pics.

well the only problem with this that it will unfortunaltley void the warranty on all tailgate failures in the future.

Just puttting it out there

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
12-09-2012 09:44pm
WB
WB

(12-09-2012 09:44pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  well the only problem with this that it will unfortunaltley void the warranty on all tailgate failures in the future.

Land Rover Techy, do you know if the iphone bluetooth/cable issue is going to be addressed by LR?

Sorry to hijack the thread.
12-09-2012 09:51pm
Bowl

(12-09-2012 09:44pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  well the only problem with this that it will unfortunaltley void the warranty on all tailgate failures in the future.

It can be removed easily without a trace Laughing

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
13-09-2012 02:24am
Lone Rangerover

(13-09-2012 02:24am)Bowl Wrote:  It can be removed easily without a trace Laughing

How difficult is it to install ? - you might have a little side business there with this by making a simple module that existing wires plug into, then having the module plug into the vehicle.

And as you say, have it so it's easily unplugged for those rare dealer visits. And if it's a simple RF switch , then its likely not that difficult to create a small little module with it all inside of.

Will this work off the factory remote ?
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 06:57am by Lone Rangerover.)
14-09-2012 06:55am
mark_n

Sounds good to me in spite of cold water being poured on the idea by the Land Rover "techy".

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-09-2012 09:11am
Land Rover Techy

(12-09-2012 09:51pm)WB Wrote:  Land Rover Techy, do you know if the iphone bluetooth/cable issue is going to be addressed by LR?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Land Rover are aware of the issue, as i sent them another case last week

I cant say how quick land rover will issue a fix for this but as soon as i hear anything i will let you know

(14-09-2012 09:11am)mark_n Wrote:  Sounds good to me in spite of cold water being poured on the idea by the Land Rover "techy".

Not to put a downer on it, but obvy taking the car away from manufacture is something that All car Manufacturers can become funny about. Dont get me wrong i cant comment on too much but thought i would just let you know.

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 12:29am by Land Rover Techy.)
19-09-2012 12:26am
jitenc

Now if only the driver's sided door opening could de done with an RF switch, that can be removed for the dealership visits without any trace......
I'd definitely pay for it. Imagine just pressing the button, drivers door opening, jumping into the car in the mornings, saving a few seconds to beat the school run which is mostly mums in their 4x4 dropping their kids to school only a few miles away.....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-09-2012 05:22am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well according to the configurator and The Valeter the tailgate now comes with remote closing as well as opening

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-09-2012 08:11am
EVO PUNDITT

So is this something that can be fitted by the dealers? on those cars without the closing.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
19-09-2012 08:18am