Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote Tailgate Closing Mod
Davevx

RE: Remote Tailgate Closing Mod

I'm new here so missed out on this modification. I certainly would be interested to see what you have done Bowl. Smile
30-04-2013 09:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bowl

Alright guys, I'm back... been away for duty.
It turns out that my friends whom I sent the file to, none have kept them because I sent them the link, the same link I posted here, and not the actual file.
As for restoring from dropbox, this file cannot be restored because there have been too many activities from that point on.

Sorry folks, no PDF

But it's fairly easy to do anyway, there are several "Remote RF switch" modules you can find from electronic stores (and eBay) and I used that to connect with the switch on the tailgate. To close the tailgate remotely, you just press the remote switch that came with the kit, and that's it.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
14-05-2013 03:10pm
donot521

it sounded hard........>"<
so are we still use the same fob to open and close or use a different one?
20-05-2013 08:21am
Bowl

Key fob --> to open remotely
Another remote switch --> to close remotely

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
20-05-2013 08:23am
VirtualCamper

(19-09-2012 08:11am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well according to the configurator and The Valeter the tailgate now comes with remote closing as well as opening

Is this definitely true and can it be retrofitted?
We have been having problems with our electric tailgate - stopping as it goes up for no reason (no its not the default height safety stop before you all tell me) and the car is going back to LR next month to be fixed, if it can be retro fitted maybe I'll get them to fit it while they are checking out the problem.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
19-10-2013 12:32pm
ChuckieB

(19-10-2013 12:32pm)VirtualCamper Wrote:  Is this definitely true and can it be retrofitted?
We have been having problems with our electric tailgate - stopping as it goes up for no reason (no its not the default height safety stop before you all tell me) and the car is going back to LR next month to be fixed, if it can be retro fitted maybe I'll get them to fit it while they are checking out the problem.

My tailgate did this after a couple of months. It would intermittently stop in the same place after it was a foot or so up. I believed it was associated with the poorly fitting tailgate. Obviously it didn't replicate at the dealers! I had lots of photos though to prove it. Once that was adjusted , still not a perfect fit though, the problem disappeared and hasn't recurred since in the last year.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
20-10-2013 08:08am
Greglee

So is it at all possible to buy a retrofit kit so i can use my key fob to open and close the boot on my Range rover 2016 model also do i need new side struts any help thanks People .
04-11-2017 06:07pm