Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Remote Tailgate Close Module
PhilSkill

RE: Remote Tailgate Close Module

Andy D, you need to post 5 times then PM will become active.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-08-2016 09:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqueen

I bought a module from Dougrobling in January and it took me a very long time to get the nerve up to dig into the panel. Once I got the panel open (didn't get it all the way off but I had good access) the instructions were super simple. I had two issues to learn: which direction to point the wires out of the module and then, the top as instructed needed to be the bottom as installed in the 2016 HSE Dynamic. Now it works great! Doug was quick to help via email and I'm glad for that. I have no problem with the operations from cabin, fob, or gesture opening and closing. I have to stand to the side and sweep around the tailpipe areas (I'm short) to activate the gesture feature. The manual recommends the car be unlocked first but I don't have that restriction, it seems.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
23-08-2016 09:26pm
EarlofEltham

It's curious that the manual says the car should be unlocked.
To unlock the car you need to use your hands... That goes against the whole idea of the gesture tailgate. That is, your hands are full.
Good to know you have no issues on a 2016. I need to get around to ordering one.
24-08-2016 11:06am
AndyD

(18-08-2016 09:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Andy D, you need to post 5 times then PM will become active.

Thanks Phil,

Sorry for the late reply been away with work with little internet access.

Picked up the Evoque today so really keen to fit one if these modules if they are still available?

Cheers
Andy
04-09-2016 10:36pm
redrovor

(17-08-2016 02:45am)J. Dub Wrote:  Glad to see someone in the USA finally modifying the evoque.

not to hijack but I have modified brakes tires wheels spoiler black pack soon to be cat back and now this remote closure!! lol
07-09-2016 04:01am
J. Dub

Doug what is your paypal? Feel free to PM if you wish. I will order one for MY14 dynamic 3-door coupe. I'm here in the states. Arkasnas

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
09-09-2016 08:57pm
nigelmwilliams7

(18-08-2016 09:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Andy D, you need to post 5 times then PM will become active.

Hi Phil

Are you still supplying these units here in UK?

Nigel
2013 Evoque SD4 Dynamic, Panoramic, Autoclose
23-12-2016 06:20pm
VirtualCamper

Dougrobling
do your tailgate units work for the new Evoque? We have just bought a 2017 SE Tech with electric tailgate.

couldn't go for the gesture close to get the auto close off the key fob, as we have a tow bar.

I know that Phil says his unit will not work on the new models.

do yours?

thanks

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
12-03-2017 11:30pm
Dougrobling

I haven't had anyone try it on a 2017......

I build a different model for the Audi Q that series should work on any tailgate with a close button on it, but I don't have access to a 2017 to verify the wiring.

If you are a little "handy" and want to try and work it out, email me at remotetailgate@gmail.com and I can go though a few steps with you to determine if we could make it work....
12-03-2017 11:39pm
VirtualCamper

Doug, thanks for replying and while a little handy I think I'll wait until you can confirm whether it works or not please. Phil didnt seem to think his worked with the new models, but appreciate that you haven't tested yours yet either.

Cant Believe LR havent solved this yet.
a bit like you still can't sync the heater controls on both sides........... only 5 years since I bought my first Evoque and made the same comment.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
12-03-2017 11:51pm