Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Remote Tailgate Close Module
PhilSkill

RE: Remote Tailgate Close Module

Just to confirm for Doug and yourself VC, I've not tried my unit on a 2017 either (as I don't have any more), but for late 2016 models mine does interfere with the Gesture Tailgate closing operation for vehicles fitted with it, the only other reason I've not wanted to put it on a 2017 is because the internal panels are different and the layout to connect the wiring will therefore not match the instructions provided.

Electronically i'm sure it'll likely still work (Excl Gesture for mine), but it's locating the connection points etc that presents the risk.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-03-2017 11:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VirtualCamper

@philskill
I'm only in north wiltshire perhaps we should meet up for you to take a look at my tailgate? I dont have gesture due to having a towbar fitted.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
13-03-2017 10:30pm
PhilSkill

Hi Virtual Camper, Thanks for the offer, until i'm in a position to make any more I have nothing to test, but if I make some more it might certainly be an option to get it working on an MY17.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
15-03-2017 09:40am
Evoqueen

(23-08-2016 09:26pm)Evoqueen Wrote:  I bought a module from Dougrobling in January and it took me a very long time to get the nerve up to dig into the panel. Once I got the panel open (didn't get it all the way off but I had good access) the instructions were super simple. I had two issues to learn: which direction to point the wires out of the module and then, the top as instructed needed to be the bottom as installed in the 2016 HSE Dynamic. Now it works great! Doug was quick to help via email and I'm glad for that. I have no problem with the operations from cabin, fob, or gesture opening and closing. I have to stand to the side and sweep around the tailpipe areas (I'm short) to activate the gesture feature. The manual recommends the car be unlocked first but I don't have that restriction, it seems.

An additional benefit I experienced - The car would honk its horn in wet weather conditions. I couldn't pinpoint any other conditions that caused it. It was random and embarrassing. I'd read that it is a problem connected with having the foot liftgate feature. I have not had that problem since installing the opener module.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
15-03-2017 11:16pm
PhilSkill

There was an update from LR for the gesture tailgate sensor setting off the beep in wet conditions.

16-03-2017 03:07pm
grommit

Hi guys will be having a go at making some interfaces soon just sourcing the parts,
Looking at the wiring diagram seems easy enough stay tuned.
08-08-2017 09:04pm
Dougrobling

I'm still building a few modules a week if anybody else would like one....

Robling@live.com
08-08-2017 09:27pm