Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote Starter for Evoque
xscash

Remote Starter for Evoque

Hi guys, Just bought a new Evoque and love it. Hate the fact that it didn't come with remote start. I own an install shop and actually had some trouble researching wiring for this vehicle. Well I completed my remote start today and its awesome. 9 Wire install. I am thinking of posting a how to and parts list. Or I may just set them all up for easy install and offer them up. Tell me if anyone is interested and ill do what I can. My system has a remote and the app for the phone.... but you can install either option. Ive seen evoque remote starters for around $1600 and up. I did mine for half.

Xs
28-02-2016 10:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xscash

RE: Remote Starter for Evoque

Here is a link to a great how-to on tv installations for headrests I did previously
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/foru...?tid=75046
29-02-2016 12:35am
xscash

wow, I thought more people would be interested in remote start since they are crazy expensive. I guess I wont bother with a how-to since there is zero interest.
xs
01-03-2016 12:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Xs, don't be disheartened at zero reply. I think that you will find that outside of the USA it is illegal to have remote starting of cars in most countries. In the UK we have big insurance issues as well as the law not permitting it! Similarly we have options and aftermarket fittings in Europe that your DoT will not countenance on US spec cars! About the only remote start option item we can fit is a cabin preheater system, and as you point out they are wallet numbingly expensive to retro fit.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-03-2016 02:57pm
Clip

What's a remote start and why would I want it? Always keen for something new so could be interested. It's certainly nothing we have here. But if its easy to do I'm up for anything!
02-03-2016 12:45pm
Red Evo

I would love more info on the remote start! I was very disapointed when I found out it wasn't an option!
It would be great to use an iPhone app instead of a bulky remote.
10-04-2016 09:25pm
Evoqueen

I have a MY16 in the US and I can remote start it with the Land Rover Remote app using my phone (Android). It also allows me to select the internal temperature it starts with. It tracks last location and vehicle status (fuel, locked, alarm setting, movement history) since last using the app. It also has "Beep & Flash" I suppose it could help in an emergency or if I truly could not find it in a lot. I think it's related to In-Control.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 01:11am by Evoqueen.)
12-04-2016 01:08am
J. Dub

What is the name of the Android app?

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
04-09-2016 08:04pm
NickD_CA

@xscash, did you install the Land Rover remote start to use with Factory keys or third party and need to carry extra keys?
13-10-2018 08:43pm
wungun

Interested here...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
13-10-2018 11:08pm