Poll: Whats your reliability rating ?
10. Extremely Reliable
1. Extremely Unreliable
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical)
hondafreak

(16-09-2013 11:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Perfect 10 from me.

13 months and no problems 10 points

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
17-09-2013 09:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stevemac1

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical)

A low 2 from me. In only 8.5k miles.. DAB failure, strut bearing failure, front shock failure, full new set of suspension bushes, not to mention the replacement tailgateand the rest...

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
08-06-2014 11:29am
buckiebabyrr

9 out of 10 after 3k miles Very Happy

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
08-06-2014 07:03pm
Redrob

2750 miles in nearly 4 months, and it's a 10 from me.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
08-06-2014 11:02pm
Mondray0

8. For me currently in the flat battery club
03-08-2014 12:47pm
markdartj

Nine for me. Just a gearbox fault burp, nothing since, just had 5K/Six Mo. service, no problems. My brother-in-law saw mine and is getting one.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
26-12-2014 05:51am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I'm updating this, I'm now 9 months into ownership of my 2nd Evoque and mechanically/ electrically it was fantastic up to the recent gearbox software update which caused me on two occassions in one journey to have to pull off the motorway and stop and reboot the ECU's, but worse and far more dangerous was the third occassion when in the oustide lane of a 2 lane section of motorway, overtaking lines of trucks all doing 56mph the car went into reduced power mode at 70mph causing speed to immediately drop to 30mph causing almost causing heart failure for me and the driver of a Disco4 who was only a car length behind me.............. LRCS was brilliant and got the car booked into my nearest dealer for the next morning, car was hooked up to a diagnostic computer and a malfunctioning DPF sensor was diagnosed. BUT I have been so unhappy with this car that it will be offloaded for something else as soon as I get back in March. I've had enough for £10000 car quality at £55000 car prices and consider my 2nd Evoque to be a joke. It would also appear that quite a few of us who have had faith to replace our first, perfectly servicable 2011/12MY Evoques for supposedly better 2014MY cars have suffered abysmal build quality and consequent disallusionment with the brand. To be honest after the issues with my current car I wouldn't recommend anybody buys a 2014MY car and considers buying an early 2015MY very very carefully - I think Halewood is stretched too far at the moment with getting mega orders for Evoque fulfilled and bringing DiscoSport on stream and have lost the plot on quality control - certainly Evoque cannot any longer be seen as a premium/quality product until such time as LR ups their game on quality control. The car is now WAY overpriced for what it is.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 10:40am by XFullFatTim.)
26-12-2014 10:37am
speedbird

I wouldn't say it is overpriced. What is comparable? Macan with the similar options I would want would come in at 60k. Lower prestige prands don't compare. Drove the audi q3 and the evoque is leagues above. Have you seen the interior of the q3! Looks like a vw not a 40k car!
See you had bad luck with yours hope it improves!
26-12-2014 12:56pm
J77

Having driving the DS now, I find the interior fit and finish far superior to the Evoque, no creaks or rattles and LR seem to have improved the Auto but I'm sticking with the manual.

Halewood has had £200million invested in it, with machines that are designed to improve quality and from the short time I've spent with the car early signs are good.

The Evoques quality has never matched the rest of the Range Rover range, but hopefully with this new investment it should improve.

Not Fancy a DS Tim? I wasn't sure about it at first, I was thinking about cancelling, but I was pleasantly surprised after my test drive.

I've marked my Evoque 10, because it never let me down.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 01:23pm by J77.)
26-12-2014 01:21pm
AAA86

I had the car now for over a year "2013" almost 2 actually. Its been great with no major issues other than the coolant level problem n some squeaks from the driver seat. I have a coupe mind u!
So am giving mine a 9.
Its sad to see and hear the issues with those new models, because am thinking of getting a new car n am not sure if i will be considering one?! [emoji30]
01-01-2015 12:07pm