Poll: Whats your reliability rating ?
10. Extremely Reliable
1. Extremely Unreliable
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical)
benzina

Whats your reliability rating of your Evoque?
Scoring 10 is super, extremely reliable where absolutely nothing has failed, through to a score of 1 a lemon, which is terrible, with many many things gone wrong.
Your overall score will put everything into perspective, by taking into account the amount of time you have owned the car,it's usage,and miles covered,against the importance of any issues you may have experienced,and how they affected you.
So it's really an overall mechanical & electrical reliability poll rating of your car which can be updated & re-evaluated over time (you can change your vote) to put everything into perspective as stated above.
Over the long term,if the majority of Evoques are 7 and over,then that would prove an excellent result for the Evoque.

Poll Criteria
* You have owned your Evoque close to 1 Year and over.
* This survey is only about Mechanical & Electrical reliability (Not about any rattles,squeaks,or ill fitted panels and parts).
* If you have had any issues,then along with your vote,it would be helpful if you also post the age of your car, what went wrong, it's affect on you,and how you came to your overall score.
* You can re-evaluate & update your vote (up or down) at anytime should things change,just press the ''Undo Vote'' button, and then re-vote.
* You can also view the results and see the members that have voted by simply pressing the "show results" button.

Mines 19 months old,and it's a perfect 10 so far.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 02:02am by benzina.)
14-09-2013 01:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Reliability Rating (Mechanical & Electrical)

I've marked mine down because of the battery flattening issues last winter, but they didn't leave me stranded or the car unusable because I wasn't here to use it at the time so no inconvenience to me. When I asked LRCS to look into the issue they arranged for the car to be taken to the local dealership and the BMS upgrade made. LRA where also fantastic with helping my father when he found the car dead.
With regards to Evoque being mechanically / electrically unreliable or not compared to other marques - I have had way, way less problems with my now 10 LR made cars than I had with the one Audi, the one Volvo or any of the Fords that I have owned over the years. I can also add that my Brother in law's RRS 2.7 that he bought used has only had one mechanical problem (EGR failure) in 7 years and 245000 miles whereas the 2 BMW M3's had to be returned to BMW so many times in the 6 months he owned them that he asked for his money back on both but the used 318TD Touring that he purchased for work has never missed a beat.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2013 09:24am by XFullFatTim.)
14-09-2013 09:16am
benzina

(14-09-2013 09:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I've marked mine down because of the battery flattening issues last winter, but they didn't leave me stranded or the car unusable because I wasn't here to use it at the time so no inconvenience to me. When I asked LRCS to look into the issue they arranged for the car to be taken to the local dealership and the BMS upgrade made. LRA where also fantastic with helping my father when he found the car dead.
With regards to Evoque being mechanically / electrically unreliable or not compared to other marques - I have had way, way less problems with my now 10 LR made cars than I had with the one Audi, the one Volvo or any of the Fords that I have owned over the years. I can also add that my Brother in law's RRS 2.7 that he bought used has only had one mechanical problem (EGR failure) in 7 years and 245000 miles whereas the 2 BMW M3's had to be returned to BMW so many times in the 6 months he owned them that he asked for his money back on both but the used 318TD Touring that he purchased for work has never missed a beat.

Yep i agree, that sounds like a solid 9 for your Evoque Tim. I'm confident this Poll will help prove the Evoque's mechanical & electrical reliability to be sound.
This is my first LR product, but so far for me, it's been outstanding in every way (except for a rattle which was fixed), and it just seems to have that dependable reliable feel to it as well......dare i say it,but almost Japanese feeling of dependability,but with way more soul and character.
I love my Evoque, the enjoyment refuses to wane.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2013 02:32pm by benzina.)
14-09-2013 10:19am
Stadt Panzer

10 for my Evoque.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
14-09-2013 10:21am
KaDargo

10 all the way - hasn't missed a beat [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
14-09-2013 12:45pm
RacingSnake

I knocked off a mark for the same reason as Tim - battery drain was v. annoying.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-09-2013 12:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

I big fat 10 for me

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-09-2013 01:36pm
berlin2011

Three months into owning my second Evoque (Had the first a year and a half) - combined mileage close to 70,000km's and not a single issue.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
15-09-2013 07:29pm
27kgcm

Have not had mine a year but i'm well passed 12,000 miles and that's the average for a lot of owners.

Fit, form and function has been spot on no matter if its across a field or a 400+ mile run up to Scotland, it cruises well on the motorway is civilised round town and the seats are very supportive and comfortable.

So far nothing has gone wrong and its coped in every kind of weather.

The DAB is not great, but it is what it is and when you lose it I still have CD's, DVD, Ipod, USB stick and FM, so its not a big issue.

If it carries on the like this for the next couple of years, might even give me the confidence to consider a RRsport next.
16-09-2013 09:56am
PhilSkill

Perfect 10 from me.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-09-2013 11:49pm