Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Release Levers for Removing Lower Rear Seat?
mstraka

Release Levers for Removing Lower Rear Seat?

On my 2013 Evoque coupe I discovered two release levers that easily permit the lower half of the rear seat to unlatch from the car body. This would be nice if this is part of a procedure to allow one to quickly remove the lower part of the rear seat, allowing the upper section of rear seat to fold down more flatly with the lower section out of the way. These release levers can be discovered just under the front lip of the lower rear seat, one on each side. I can't figure out how to proceed from this step, (the front of the seat is free and tilts up easily) as something else appears to be keeping the lower seat from being removed. An attachment to the rear at the trunk area? These lever releases seems too complex just to be used for the assembly line. Any one have any info on this? I find nothing about this in the owner's manual.
31-07-2014 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Release Levers for Removing Lower Rear Seat?

lift the front edge up as you have, then push the seat base back, and then lift from the rear.
There are 2 little hooks at the back edge of the seat which you need to unhook by doing the above.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 10:53am by RacingSnake.)
01-08-2014 10:52am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply