Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduced Performance Warning Light
Nige

RE: Reduced Performance Warning Light

Interesting info. Mine went into restricted en-route to golf on Wednesday, crawled there and shut down. Did golf, problem disappeared. Spoke to dealers, they said not to worry but monitor it. Next day (Thursday) driving to work happened again, crawled to the dealer - fun on the A30 in the morning, got there before they opened. Car was put straight into the bay when the team arrived, diagnosed an old Mass Flow sensor on the history, did a software reset and I went on my merry way. Refuelled - put 47.61 litres in. No problems yesterday, today reoccurred, phoned the dealer, now waiting for LR Assist to arrive ... more to follow Sad

Update. LR Assist (AA) arrived, put the magic box in, Mass Airflow sensor fault indicated ... Phoned dealer, sorted out to take it in in the morning (Friday) . LR Assist sorted replacement to be there for collection. Took wife - on her birthday, impressed not very - did the swap, got a new Disco Sport to use, gave the dealer the keys with the message, 'don't call me until its fixed'. Today (Tuesday) Warranty replacement of Mass Airflow Sensor and wiring check carried out. Swapped back, giving it a bit of a thrash to replicate the fault, not recurring yet.

Mostly happy with the dealer support and LR Assist. Not overjoyed that the car isn't plugged in for diagnostics during a service, that would have picked up the incipient fault due to a historical recording of 'MAS faulted'. Probably expect more for a 30K second hand price.

Now: 2.2 SD4 Pure
Previous: Mondeo; BMW 520 Tourer - written off, not at fault ...
Qashqai; Peugeot 207; Mondeo; Honda CRV; Peugeot 306; Orion 1.6; Astra; Fiat Tipo written off, at fault Sad
Corsa; overseas working; Granada Estate; Vauxhall Cavalier; pushbike; Nova GTE; Rover P6;
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2017 09:42pm by Nige.)
24-03-2017 04:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply