Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommended Snow Foam Lance
cjfp

RE: Recommended Snow Foam Lance

Erm, hose pipe ban? Shocked Wink

So, do you think this snow foam thing is worthwhile? (apart from the 'fun' angle)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2012 09:16pm by cjfp.)
18-03-2012 09:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(18-03-2012 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  Erm, hose pipe ban? Shocked Wink

So, do you think this snow foam thing is worthwhile? (apart from the 'fun' angle)

Severn Trent has no ban currently Very Happy I also use all grey water for my garden so am a pretty low user too.

It's a useful pre-wash, think I'd only use it when really dirty. But you can see the dirt fall off in the foam. Was very good on Bird droppings and mud and salt, You still have to wash the car using the 2 bucket method after so takes longer, and getting the washer out is a bit of extra hassle. The main thing is to use a micro-fibre mitt to hand wash rather than a brush or sponge!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2012 09:38pm
WB
WB

(18-03-2012 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  Erm, hose pipe ban? Shocked Wink

Erm if you're going to pull people up then please get your facts straight as to when the hosepipe bans start.
18-03-2012 10:36pm
cjfp

WB - come on, only playing (hence the winky face) - luckily philskill saw this and took the comment how it was intended. God knows what's going to happen later in the year when we still haven't had sufficient rain.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-03-2012 10:48pm
moonigan

(18-03-2012 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  So, do you think this snow foam thing is worthwhile? (apart from the 'fun' angle)

Waste of money in my opinion. The results look impressive but I found that regardless of foam used they did little more than makes a mess.

A good rinse with a pressure washer gets the same result.

P
22-03-2012 11:34am
WB
WB

(22-03-2012 11:34am)moonigan Wrote:  Waste of money in my opinion. The results look impressive but I found that regardless of foam used they did little more than makes a mess.

A good rinse with a pressure washer gets the same result.

P

I'll have to differ - in my experience snowfoam straight on to the dirty car will loosen the dirt and improve the amount of dirt removed by the pressure wash.

What I have recently discovered is that the type of snow foam makes a huge difference. I just switched from Magifoam to Chemical Guys No Touch snow foam and it is a totally different (much better) animal. The magifoam looks pretty but just flies off with the pressure washer whereas with the CG it properly clung to the car and took a fair amount of pressure washing off. After the pressure wash I was tempted to just dry the car because it looked and felt so clean. I also found I needed LESS CG than magifoam to get a good thick foam on to the car.

My car is treated with Gtechniq C1 which is a great product for protecting paint and keeping it easy to clean but it was the dirtiest it has ever been when I tried the CG so for me it is a worthwhile step that should reduce the overall time/effort to get the car clean.
22-03-2012 04:38pm
PhilSkill

Absolute Novice User... Spot the Evoque!

Pre-SnowFoam

Post Snow Foam

Polishing required

Finished! cant get camera to focus!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 10:01pm by PhilSkill.)
22-03-2012 10:00pm
tintin_57

Thanks, some good recommendations here. just ordered the Autobrite lance for my Karcher.
04-04-2012 02:13pm
PhilSkill

(21-02-2012 10:00pm)WB Wrote:  Let me know what you think of the hyperwash as I'm about to order some Chemical Guys No Touch foam to compare with the Magifoam.

Been a while WB but...

Having tried the Meguires Hyperwash against the Magifoam, I have to say the Meguires is a better product, Not that there's anything wrong with the Magifoam, it foams and clings and I couldn't tell a great deal of difference in cleaning ability, but the free bottle I got gave me immense issue.

Firstly the contents eroded the plastic bottle it was in!!! I caught it before it ruined my polisher and other tools thankfully, and it stripped all the finish from a couple of blackened screws that were laying in the puddle of gold liquid!, So half bottle gone before even used! I then quickly recovered the rest into a small cleaned coke bottle while I focused on the mess etc, overnight it ate it's way out of the coke bottle....Evil

Luckily I'd deliberately placed it where cleanup ad damage was minimal... so the small amount left is now is a glass jar!! But I can see why they say dilution is important... it's evil stuff neat!

The other place where Meguires won over the Magifoam was the dried residue from Magifoam on the car went powdery in places it dried before I got round to washing it off, ok you shouldn't let it dry but it happens, and also on the driveway the foam then lingered and dried powdery, whereas Hyperwash dissipated quickly when washed away.

Interesting to hear your experiences of MagiFoam... as maybe I just had an unlucky bad experience

I have Meguires with the pump dispenser and it's just more practical to use.

(This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 10:06am by PhilSkill.)
30-09-2012 10:01am
WB
WB

(30-09-2012 10:01am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Been a while WB but...

Having tried the Meguires Hyperwash against the Magifoam, I have to say the Meguires is a better product, Not that there's anything wrong with the Magifoam, it foams and clings and I couldn't tell a great deal of difference in cleaning ability, but the free bottle I got gave me immense issue.

Firstly the contents eroded the plastic bottle it was in!!! I caught it before it ruined my polisher and other tools thankfully, and it stripped all the finish from a couple of blackened screws that were laying in the puddle of gold liquid!, So half bottle gone before even used! I then quickly recovered the rest into a small cleaned coke bottle while I focused on the mess etc, overnight it ate it's way out of the coke bottle....Evil

Luckily I'd deliberately placed it where cleanup ad damage was minimal... so the small amount left is now is a glass jar!! But I can see why they say dilution is important... it's evil stuff neat!

The other place where Meguires won over the Magifoam was the dried residue from Magifoam on the car went powdery in places it dried before I got round to washing it off, ok you shouldn't let it dry but it happens, and also on the driveway the foam then lingered and dried powdery, whereas Hyperwash dissipated quickly when washed away.

Interesting to hear your experiences of MagiFoam... as maybe I just had an unlucky bad experience

I have Meguires with the pump dispenser and it's just more practical to use.

Good to hear the Meguires foam is good.

I think Magifoam is hugely over rated and I only saw the true potential of snow foam when I switched to Chemical Guys No Touch which is a massive improvement. THhe foam goes on thick - only uses a tiny amount to do the whole car (doesn't dry out) and by the time it has dwelled for a few minutes and rinsed off the car it is largely clean (including wheels).

I'll try the meguires next but its going to be in a while as the 5 litres of No Touch I've bought will probably last me a couple of years! It was only about £20 delivered from the detailingworld group buy.
30-09-2012 10:29am