Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommend a helpful Dealer??
occlusion

RE: Recommend a helpful Dealer??

(27-09-2011 09:06am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Thanks Cooch, I have some clients that are repeat customers of Trivetts and seem very happy with them. Will drop Brett a line and see how we go. Just have to make a few final decisions. What have you ordered and what's the ETA?

Hi, I placed my Evoque order with Trivetts , Alexandria too, but with another saleman name Michael. Very helpful, I didn't feel any pressure to buy, took my time going through various options, models, date of delivery etc......Weekdays would better , not as busy. Its ashamed that there are no Evoque for test drive. According to Michael, most likely they will get a few Evoque in October for test drive , can't wait!

On Order - 5 dr. Dynamic, Auto, Firenze Red, Pano Roof, plus lots of options 20 " wheels
Delivery date - mid-late Jan/2012
28-09-2011 12:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

There'll be a fair sort of queue when the test drives start to happen....
(27-09-2011 02:56pm)Evoque U Wrote:  
(27-09-2011 09:06am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Thanks Cooch, I have some clients that are repeat customers of Trivetts and seem very happy with them. Will drop Brett a line and see how we go. Just have to make a few final decisions. What have you ordered and what's the ETA?

Hey Aussievoque,

by sound of it cooch had a good experience with this dealer, I did not but then again it may have come down to the salesperson, make sure you only speak to Brett.

We are off to Halewood tomorrow to see production and test drive an Evoque. Woo hoo.

Thanks for the heads up, still finalising decisions so haven't made contact yet. I want to know exactly what I'm after when I do so that there is less chance for bulls**t. Very interesting hearing about different peoples experiences though. Have also been checking reviews of Pom's who are now taking delivery of their new toys which is great reading Smile Awesome day for you tomorrow....look forward to hearing some first hand feedback. have fun Wink

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2011 08:29am by Aussievoque.)
28-09-2011 08:18am
Evoque U

Hey mate, factory tour was amazing. It was my first visit to a car manufacturing plant and I was impressed with the whole process. Watching robots welding the body together, the just in time process of the engine/chasis, the interior and wheels all arriving to spec at the right time as the vehicle travels along the line. We loved the tour that much my wife and I were talking about going back today.

We got to see the exact same spec car as we have ordered inside and out, which was great as it puts our mind at ease. Unfortunately cameras were not allowed inside the factory so I wasn't able to get any photos inside but was able to get a couple outside.

I did a 4x4 experience drive in a disco 4 which was great but the highlight was driving a Prestige SD4 Evoque back to my hotel, absolutely fantastic to drive. I was surprised at how quiet the SD4 is in comparison to the Freelander 2 SD4 and how punchy it was. I have contacted my dealer to set up a test drive of a Si4 when we get home next month so it will be great to compare.

Enjoy the pics

[Image: b7da78c9.jpg]

[Image: 501a926b.jpg]

[Image: 2d4c9719.jpg]

[Image: b1e27ee2.jpg]

[Image: ac4fef6a.jpg]

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
29-09-2011 10:28pm
Aussievoque

Love the pics - carpark full of evoquoes....mmmmm! Is that the orkney grey in pic 2 (with the red and the black) do you know?? I like it...and the black too. Think I need to see some in the flesh before finalising an order, it's doing my head in.

Was the SD4 you drove auto or manual? I'm seriously looking at the diesel after reading some of the posts by guys who have received there evoques.

Thanks again for the post. Cheers.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
30-09-2011 02:18am
Evoque U

(30-09-2011 02:18am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Love the pics - carpark full of evoquoes....mmmmm! Is that the orkney grey in pic 2 (with the red and the black) do you know?? I like it...and the black too. Think I need to see some in the flesh before finalising an order, it's doing my head in.

Was the SD4 you drove auto or manual? I'm seriously looking at the diesel after reading some of the posts by guys who have received there evoques.

Thanks again for the post. Cheers.

Yeah that is the Orkney grey situated behind the Firenze red, very nice colour. After seeing all the different colours in the flesh we were a bit confused, considered changing to the Firenze Red but will now stick with the Fuji. I don't think you would be disappointed with any colour really.

I drove the auto SD4 with paddle change so i consider it a clutchless manual. Very happy with the acceleration and the no noise factor, LR have done a great job of insulation on this vehicle so the cabin is whisper quiet in normal driving conditions. We are still going forth with the Si4 but definitely need to drive one to make sure. The Brits love their Diesel motors i think because it is so cheap to run and lasts forever. You wouldn't being disappointed in choosing the SD4, a real surprise package for us and the luxury tax kicks in at $75k back home not $55k(for the Si4) so there is a saving right there.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
30-09-2011 06:24am
Aussievoque

Yeah, luxury tax kicks in at the higher rate - great work to the brits for the low C02 emissions!

Big thanks for your help while over there Evoque U! It's been greatly appreciated.
Yeah, luxury tax kicks in at the higher rate - great work to the brits for the low C02 emissions!

Big thanks for your help while over there Evoque U! It's been greatly appreciated.

(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 10:04am by Aussievoque.)
30-09-2011 10:04am
gead

The luxury tax impost certainly pushed me towards the diesel...

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
30-09-2011 01:25pm
DT_Sanchez

Getting the thread back on track -

David Palm and Warren Mann at Austral Fortitude Valley land Rover have been more than helpful in my purchase.

Fuji White Dynamic TD4 | Style 5 19" Rims | Pano Roof | Park Assist | Auto Tail Gate | Rear Cam
11-11-2011 07:23am
Maarten

I can recommend Paul James of Austral Fortitude Valley Land Rover in Brisbane. Very knowledgeable and always responding quickly to any question or email. A pleasure to deal with Very Happy

Evoque Prestige | Build: 16 Feb 2012 | Delivered: 23 April 2012
Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
11-11-2011 10:24am