Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommend a helpful Dealer??
memota

RE: Recommend a helpful Dealer??

Can I open this up to Melbourne dealers?

I've been talking to ULR in Melb. OK, not as attentive or proactive as the Audi dealer I've been talking to as well, so curious who's recommended for service and price flexibility.

Thanks!
25-09-2011 02:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Whilst my dealer in southern Sydney region was not bad, he was really just an order taker. I had got all the information from sites like this. I knew more than him, but then again for us to be on this site we are a unique bunch that have a passion for the Evoque. The salesman is just doing a job of selling a car and therefore, rightly or wrongly, he/she generally does not have the same passion. So I would go to the dealer armed with all the information and make him work on the delivery dates and price. You can get the Australian price list and options on here, and any other specific question ask us who have placed the orders. To be truthful I did my order over the phone and via email.
I should add as well, this does not excuse bad or rude service from the dealer. And as one of the beauties on beauty and geek said "don't judge a cover by the book" Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 03:46am by Barneyridge.)
25-09-2011 03:43am
Evoque U

(24-09-2011 02:51pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  I'm a bit jealous! What did you think of the Orkney grey? I saw some earlier pics of the stornoway grey which I actually quite liked but have heard the new grey is a lot lighter. Will look forward to some pics if you get them. Also great to see your comments on its size, I'm replacing my X5 and although I'm prepared for it to be a bit smaller I read an article where the Evoque was described as similar in size to a Nissan Dualis :\ Are you going to push your luck and hope for a test drive while you are over there?

The OG looked nice but is no Fuji white or Firenze red( like you was torn between). Am not a fan of the black interior but each to their own. I love the Dynamic but it does not offer the lighter colour interiors.

I have not really seen the Dualis inside but you won't be disappointed with the Evoque, cabin space is a little shy of the RRS but has extra head room thanks to the panoramic roof. I am 5'10" and I sat in the back seat with plenty of leg room, felt very comfortable and did not feel enclosed at all.

This trip to the UK has paid for itself in just being able to view the Evoque, sit inside and ask the dealer plenty of questions. Our Aussie dealers are very limited with info, probably because they have not driven and experienced all the bells and whistles. Forums, YouTube and google searches are the best way to get all the info. Looking forward to heading to the factory on Wednesday to see production and hopefully drive an Evoque on the 4x4 experience. If you have any questions you would like me to ask while I'm here, let me know.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
25-09-2011 11:09am
Aussievoque

You're a champ, thanks. Will be happy just to hear your thoughts if you get a test drive. As far as the size goes I don't have kids so it doesn't really matter. I'm just used to something a bit larger and don't want a car that looks too girly! Im 5'10" too so so far you're being a fantastic resource Wink.

One thing I keep swapping between is the Si4 and the SD4. Most reports seem to say the petrol has better performance but is quite a bit thirstier, although it seems the diesel has a bit more pickup down low. Maybe if you get a chance to, ask someone what real world figures they are getting out of the Si4's. I think LR are officially quoting 10.something which is still pretty good providing the payoff is noticeably better performance. Finger crossed you get a chance to drive one first hand and find out! Cheers.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
25-09-2011 11:38am
cooch

(24-09-2011 07:18am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Need to vent a little! Can anyone recommend a Landrover dealer in NSW that has been helpful and has reasonable (or anyWink) customer service??

Called into my nearest Landrover dealer (30 min. away) on the mid north coast NSW yesterday to quiz a dealer about the process and fully expecting to place an order only to be treated like I was invisible. Wandered around the yard for about 5 minutes, when no one came near me I headed into the showroom. A receptionist looked at me, did her best to ignore me, then got up and left. Waited around a bit, then a well dressed young guy came out of an office, I said "hi" as he came my way only for him to look me up and down and walk past me without even a reply! Hung around for a couple more minutes, when it was obvious no one was going to serve me I went back out into the caryard for a few more minutes before leaving without anyone even acknowledging me.

Have since been told this is not unusual for this particular dealership. Very disappointing as I was really excited about the Evoque but this has really taken the edge off the whole thing Sad. Thinking now I may postpone the transaction until there are some actual cars in the country. Only thing is I am too impatient and must have one!

There is another dealer about an hour north but someone else has a thread mentioning they didn't get much joy from there either.

Has anyone had really good service from a dealer they would like to recommend??

I just ordered my Evoque from Trivetts Land Rover in Alexandria. Best price and great to deal with. Spoke to a guy called Brett Lane. Knew the Evoque inside out. Definitely recommend him.

Cheers

Pure SD4, Auto, Sumatra Black, Cirrus Interior, Panoramic Roof, Style 6 Wheels, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 07:26am by cooch.)
27-09-2011 07:21am
Aussievoque

Thanks Cooch, I have some clients that are repeat customers of Trivetts and seem very happy with them. Will drop Brett a line and see how we go. Just have to make a few final decisions. What have you ordered and what's the ETA?

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
27-09-2011 09:06am
memota

No Melbourne recommendations please?
27-09-2011 10:11am
cooch

Hey Aussievoque, I ordered the Pure SD4 Auto 5 door, Sumatra Black, Ebony Interior, Pure Teck Pack, Clearview Pack, Panoramic Roof and 20" Style 6 Wheels.

The hardest decision was the interior. Was considering the Cirrus(light grey) but played it safe and went for the black.

ETA is January '12.....

Pure SD4, Auto, Sumatra Black, Cirrus Interior, Panoramic Roof, Style 6 Wheels, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack
27-09-2011 12:45pm
gead

I found Port Melbourne were forthcoming with a pretty sharp price, and Lance Dixon where happy to play ball so to speak...I ordered with lance Dixon, and it's been ok....the salesman was great in person, even opening up a defender to let the kids rummage around in while we talked, but not as responsive to emails as I would have hoped after the deal was done...my mate who has a disco 4 has recommended port melbourne for servicing....and based on that I will probably try them...

Hope that helps...

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
27-09-2011 12:45pm
Evoque U

(27-09-2011 09:06am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Thanks Cooch, I have some clients that are repeat customers of Trivetts and seem very happy with them. Will drop Brett a line and see how we go. Just have to make a few final decisions. What have you ordered and what's the ETA?

Hey Aussievoque,

by sound of it cooch had a good experience with this dealer, I did not but then again it may have come down to the salesperson, make sure you only speak to Brett.

We are off to Halewood tomorrow to see production and test drive an Evoque. Woo hoo.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
27-09-2011 02:56pm