Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommend a helpful Dealer??
Aussievoque

Recommend a helpful Dealer??

Need to vent a little! Can anyone recommend a Landrover dealer in NSW that has been helpful and has reasonable (or anyWink) customer service??

Called into my nearest Landrover dealer (30 min. away) on the mid north coast NSW yesterday to quiz a dealer about the process and fully expecting to place an order only to be treated like I was invisible. Wandered around the yard for about 5 minutes, when no one came near me I headed into the showroom. A receptionist looked at me, did her best to ignore me, then got up and left. Waited around a bit, then a well dressed young guy came out of an office, I said "hi" as he came my way only for him to look me up and down and walk past me without even a reply! Hung around for a couple more minutes, when it was obvious no one was going to serve me I went back out into the caryard for a few more minutes before leaving without anyone even acknowledging me.

Have since been told this is not unusual for this particular dealership. Very disappointing as I was really excited about the Evoque but this has really taken the edge off the whole thing Sad. Thinking now I may postpone the transaction until there are some actual cars in the country. Only thing is I am too impatient and must have one!

There is another dealer about an hour north but someone else has a thread mentioning they didn't get much joy from there either.

Has anyone had really good service from a dealer they would like to recommend??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
24-09-2011 07:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

RE: Recommend a helpful Dealer??

(24-09-2011 07:18am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Need to vent a little! Can anyone recommend a Landrover dealer in NSW that has been helpful and has reasonable (or anyWink) customer service??

Called into my nearest Landrover dealer (30 min. away) on the mid north coast NSW yesterday to quiz a dealer about the process and fully expecting to place an order only to be treated like I was invisible. Wandered around the yard for about 5 minutes, when no one came near me I headed into the showroom. A receptionist looked at me, did her best to ignore me, then got up and left. Waited around a bit, then a well dressed young guy came out of an office, I said "hi" as he came my way only for him to look me up and down and walk past me without even a reply! Hung around for a couple more minutes, when it was obvious no one was going to serve me I went back out into the caryard for a few more minutes before leaving without anyone even acknowledging me.

Have since been told this is not unusual for this particular dealership. Very disappointing as I was really excited about the Evoque but this has really taken the edge off the whole thing Sad. Thinking now I may postpone the transaction until there are some actual cars in the country. Only thing is I am too impatient and must have one!

There is another dealer about an hour north but someone else has a thread mentioning they didn't get much joy from there either.

Has anyone had really good service from a dealer they would like to recommend??

It might be a bit far but we purchased our Evoque from land rover in Narellan. We were given the discriminative treatment by two major dealers in Sydney, as my wife and I are young. As soon as we walked in to Narellan Land Rover we were treated well, no highly inflated bull$^*! price, negotiation was a breeze and everything was upfront. Highly recommended as it was such a pleasant experience and has kept our excitement high. Speak to Darren. We requested a 2012 build so ours won't be delivered to

Hope this helped

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
24-09-2011 07:40am
Aussievoque

Thanks for that, will keep them in mind. I think that being young played a big part in my treatment too, probably not your typical looking range rover buyer so not taken seriously. But, then wasn't that what the Evoque was all about - changing the RR image? Maybe the success and demand for the Evoque is making some dealers complacent.

I also hadn't realised that there was any room for negotiation at this stage until I read another post and then your comments on your dealing at Narellan. Enough to get me excited again!! So unless I find somewhere closer Narellan will be on my list. Can I ask what colour you ordered?

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
24-09-2011 08:37am
Evoque U

(24-09-2011 08:37am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Thanks for that, will keep them in mind. I think that being young played a big part in my treatment too, probably not your typical looking range rover buyer so not taken seriously. But, then wasn't that what the Evoque was all about - changing the RR image? Maybe the success and demand for the Evoque is making some dealers complacent.

I also hadn't realised that there was any room for negotiation at this stage until I read another post and then your comments on your dealing at Narellan. Enough to get me excited again!! So unless I find somewhere closer Narellan will be on my list. Can I ask what colour you ordered?

Yeah your right, age should have nothing to deal with qualifying someone. I also didn't think we had any chance on negotiation, it was more the starting price which was well below others, plus a few extras thrown in.

We ordered the Fuji white 5 door with spirit interior. All details are in my signature.

Couldn't recommend our dealer highly enough, no pressure, no annoying phone calls every day to ask to go ahead with it. Darren gave us all the information, a GREAT starting price (that other dealers were no where near) and seemed very genuine. I have bought quite a few new cars and this was my best experience by far.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

24-09-2011 09:06am
occlusion

Hi to New Members,
I order my Evoque from Trivett , Alexandria, Sydney. They were friendly and willing to help. Last year I was looking at RR Sport, just an enquiry and even had a test drive, but it wash't my type of car! The sale consultant Michael remembered me from last encounter.
We talked through various models,spec, colours.....I didn't feel pressure to choose or buy, even rang him to change my order a week later (colour and specs). Put a deposit $3000 , but depends on test drive in October and my trade-in. Lets say I would recommend him. Happy hunting.
----------------------------------------------------
On order, 5 doors Dynamic SD4, auto, Ferenze Red, Vortex, 20" Style 6 wheels plus lots of options.Expecting late Jan 2012 delivery
24-09-2011 11:55am
Aussievoque

Thanks for that, Sydney's probably my best option although the guy at Narellan sounds like my type of salesman. Interesting Evoque U chose the white (sorry, missed seeing it in ur signature), you've gone for the red, and they are the two colours I am torn between. Probably like everyone else here am keen as to see them in the flesh, although I think they are that sexy they could sell me mission brown and I'd love it!!

24-09-2011 01:50pm
Evoque U

(24-09-2011 01:50pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  Thanks for that, Sydney's probably my best option although the guy at Narellan sounds like my type of salesman. Interesting Evoque U chose the white (sorry, missed seeing it in ur signature), you've gone for the red, and they are the two colours I am torn between. Probably like everyone else here am keen as to see them in the flesh, although I think they are that sexy they could sell me mission brown and I'd love it!!

Just an update, we went to stratons Land Rover in Mayfair London today and got to view an Orkney grey 5 door prestige with pan roof and black ebony interior and a Fuji white prestige 3 door.This was our first viewing of an Evoque and now we are so so excited to have ordered 1. There is plenty of room in the back seats and the boot is of good size which was our biggest concern. Speaking to the dealer here in London and he was saying that all their allocated slots have been filled and the next available will be late Jan early feb.

Sorry I have taken pics but have no way to download them. We will be in Halewood on Wednesday 28/9 so I will try to get some photos on my iPhone and post.

24-09-2011 02:06pm
Aussievoque

I'm a bit jealous! What did you think of the Orkney grey? I saw some earlier pics of the stornoway grey which I actually quite liked but have heard the new grey is a lot lighter. Will look forward to some pics if you get them. Also great to see your comments on its size, I'm replacing my X5 and although I'm prepared for it to be a bit smaller I read an article where the Evoque was described as similar in size to a Nissan Dualis :\ Are you going to push your luck and hope for a test drive while you are over there?

24-09-2011 02:51pm
occlusion

I saw the Firenze red and fuji white at the Bondi Junction display, both looked good ,either would be fine. Also orkney grey from the photos , is nice too. Colour seems to be personal preference. But I do wish the Dynamic model has wider range of interior colours, no tan or lighter shades! According to car dealer the darker smoky wheels are harder to repair, so bear that in mind.
24-09-2011 03:11pm
Aussievoque

As far as wheels go I think I'll look at something aftermarket. Can't say that any of the factory wheels do much for me. Like you also can't say that I find the tan interiors all that appealing.

25-09-2011 01:44am