Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear view camera
johnboy

Rear view camera

All those lucky people who have their cars, and have the rear view camera fitted, can you let me know if it is worth spending the money to have this fitted as I have got the front/rear sensors on mine on order, but wanted the opinion of those who have it fitted, is it really a good and practical option or could do with out it, and rely on the rear sensors.

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 05:36pm by cjfp.)
10-01-2012 05:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mywillia

RE: REAR VIEW CAMERA

It's so slow to display on startup that I'm off my drive before it's even displayed.
Unless LR update the speed with a software fix then for me it's useless

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
10-01-2012 05:15pm
Coolbanana

RE: REAR VIEW CAMERA

I initially didn't use mine and still rarely look at it but do find it useful parking in my garage as I've got some low boxes that otherwise would be invisible to me and the camera allows me to get really close.

The parking sensors are fine but the camera allows for greater accuracy. Not had any issues re speed of it working either - seems quite quick to me.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
10-01-2012 05:36pm
WB
WB

RE: Rear view camera

I think it's essential and should be standard equipment. Once you get used to it and learn to use it that is.

It is a little slow to start up but mine certainly is very usable and completely overcomes the very small porthole of a rear window!
10-01-2012 06:02pm
Alex

I think it's great, and yes there is a bit of lag when you select reverse (I have an automatic) but that has not put me off, it's only 2 seconds and it's not as if I'm in a get away and can't wait.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
10-01-2012 06:39pm
defender_uk

it is useful...but slow and I can't understand why, same as the satnav on start up...it shouldn't be. But get the camera, you will regret if you don't in my opinion.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-01-2012 07:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
invoke

With the small rear window, its very convenient to see objects not in visual field with the cam. Its the matter of safety not confidence, especially when you have moving objects (kids pets etc).

Another use of cam is for paranoids who drive in high traffic cities like NYC where traffic is bumper to bumper.... you can override and turn on the cam while driving. Smile

Its a must for all cars I believe, and I agree the response time is very slow (unlike my Caddi and Chrysler), take a some time to switch screens.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
10-01-2012 08:46pm
IKM

Great if you're reversing in or out of a tight space like a garage with your mirrors folded.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
10-01-2012 09:02pm
johnboy

Thanks folks for all your opinions and views, I think I get what you are all saying and will get them fitted, will speak to the LR dealer and spec them for the build when ever that comes around. Thanks

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
10-01-2012 09:33pm
Big G

(10-01-2012 05:11pm)johnboy Wrote:  All those lucky people who have their cars, and have the rear view camera fitted, can you let me know if it is worth spending the money to have this fitted as I have got the front/rear sensors on mine on order, but wanted the opinion of those who have it fitted, is it really a good and practical option or could do with out it, and rely on the rear sensors.

I posted a similar question some time back. See attached responses.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rear-Camera-some-advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
10-01-2012 09:37pm