Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear door not locking
WB
WB

RE: Rear door not locking

You might have the broken pin problem someone reported they had on the drivers door when picking up their new car.
03-07-2012 09:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rossy100

Rear door not locking

WB - that would have been me! Yes - pin had snapped in the locking mechanism in the door which needed replacing. Took a couple of hours to replace and been fine since.
03-07-2012 10:51pm
Urban Splash

On further investigation, I have noticed that the lock lever inside within the door handle looks faulty. In the unlocked position, the lever does not come out as far as the others. Looks faulty. Prob needs replaced.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
04-07-2012 08:02am
speary

Should have bought a coupe LaughingLaughingLaughing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-07-2012 08:18am
doug

I had the same fault with both rear doors on a Discovery 3. First time was under warranty, turned out to be a losse cable connection. It took them some time to find the cause as it wasn't a known problem. Second time not under warranty was the locking motor in the door.
I not saying it's a know problem, but each time they ordered a new catch/motor ready for when the car was in the workshop.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-07-2012 09:27am
Urban Splash

I could of purchased a coupe but my busy life prevents me from waiting a week to get into the back seats Smile

Been to dealer. Most helpful. Either problem with latch or cable. Both parts ordered anyway and will be here tomorrow. So when they take the door trim off tomorrow, they will have the parts ready if required. It does lock now, however, the latch does not sit proud when open like the other latches. Probably the cable.

Pretty happy with dealer response...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
04-07-2012 12:23pm
Barneyridge

I have never checked if the other doors actually lock when I lock the car. Might check them now.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-07-2012 03:37am