Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear bumper insert
BFGEvoqueMan

Rear bumper insert

I will be fitting a towbar to my car. when I sell my cars I normally remove the bar, especially if I am getting the same car again so I can put it on the next car. Unfortunately on the Evoque you have to cut a bloody great hole in the back bumper. Does anyone know it the insert in the lower back bit of the bumper that you have to cut is just that an insert that is seperate from the rest of the bumper? If it is does anyone have the part number for this lower bit so I can order one at the same time as the towbar?

many thanks in advance

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
23-08-2011 10:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Rear bumper insert

Looking at the photos posted by Siberianfox in the Spotted section it would appear that the rear trim comes in at least 2 sections as one is removable to access the towing / lashing eye. I would also suspect that the trim is only "snap on" with strong retaining lugs so it will eventually be available as a spare for repairing accident damage. I have the same problem as you over this as I have specced mine with the QR tow hook

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 10:11am by XFullFatTim.)
23-08-2011 10:10am
berlin2011

Yes it is a separate piece - have a look at the fitting instructions on the LR TOPIx website http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/

You actually have to cut two pieces, the cosmetic trim bits you see on the outside as well as another more sturdier bolted down bit behind that.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 01:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-08-2011 10:10am
BFGEvoqueMan

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Ipanem-Sa...ige?page=3

Please look at the left hand photo of post 23. (Thanks Blackseries) The panel I mean is the silver (fake defuser) insert to the left of the missing panel around the exhaust and recover towing eye, which as Berlin descibres is the outside panel that has to be cut. i am not worried about the thin plastic panel one behind the bumper as that will be hidden. It would appear in these photos that the "diffuser" is held in with some clips to the main bumper moulding. I hope so as if it removable then it will make it easier to cut the towbar hole out!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
24-08-2011 01:08pm
Zesty314

(24-08-2011 01:08pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Ipanem-Sa...ige?page=3

Please look at the left hand photo of post 23. (Thanks Blackseries) The panel I mean is the silver (fake defuser) insert to the left of the missing panel around the exhaust and recover towing eye, which as Berlin descibres is the outside panel that has to be cut. i am not worried about the thin plastic panel one behind the bumper as that will be hidden. It would appear in these photos that the "diffuser" is held in with some clips to the main bumper moulding. I hope so as if it removable then it will make it easier to cut the towbar hole out!

Did you ever get a responce to this enquiry as I too want to remove the silver panel, for painting, without having to take the whole bumper off.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
23-11-2012 10:04am
DaveR

Re: Rear bumper insert

I think the bit you are referring to is a seperate bit but the lugs that locate it to the main bumper are "plastic welded" to the main bumper at the factory. You might be able to seperate them but you would need to take the bumper off and do some cutting. The same method is used on the plastic trim that surrounding that panel with the exception of the tow eye cover.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
23-11-2012 12:45pm