Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear Screen Entertainment problem playing USB?
Hflashman

Rear Screen Entertainment problem playing USB?

Hi,

Just got my Evoque today....beautiful!

I have a problem with the RSE. I can put a USB with divx movies into the front USB slot in the center console and play it on the front dash screen (video plus cabin sound), but it won't play on the rear screens for some reason. I tried connecting the USB to the slot at the back ('Rear Screen USB', which only seems accessible as a source via the touch screen remote and not the front dash screen as a source for the rear) but that won't even allow me to select anything on the USB (I press 'browse' but nothing happens).

Is there something wrong here or does the RSE only work with DVDs? If so it seems very weird.

I can play DVDs fine to the back so I am turning on everything ok.

Thanks for your help.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 04:51am by Hflashman.)
23-02-2012 04:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hflashman

RE: Rear Screen Entertainment problem playing USB?

Well, I have been able to get USB movies working in the rear screens but I still have problems.

You have to connect the USB stick in the back USB slot down where the remote control docks. You can then use the romote control to play content on the rear screens.

Here's the problem...

When you connect the USB to the back slot you cannot browse or control it from the dash. This makes the thing virtually unusable for parents of young kids as the only way to get the remote control unit to work (that I have found so far) is to use it from the back seats as:
1) You need to see the rear screens to browse and select the content on the USB stick (its not displayed on the remote)
2) Pointing the remote to the overhead IR receiver (if thats what it is) doesnt work from the front.

Is it really that bad a user experience for others or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as the manual seems very short on detail here and my dealer is trying to find out what to do since my Evoque is the first one they have seen with the rear screens Smile
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 07:44am by Hflashman.)
25-02-2012 07:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply