Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles...
olde

RE: Rattles...

Could you guys make note of some of your conclusions regarding rattles in our/your pending Petition?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
07-07-2012 04:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

(06-07-2012 09:27pm)SiT Wrote:  So it looks like we do have the same then... thanks for that. Interestingly I had a passenger in the back today and the squeak vanished so I’m pretty convinced it's the rear seats. I'll investigate further and let you know

Thanks buddy, likewise I might do some further investigation this weekend. The weather is crap over here so no boating action or moutain biking for me. I was going to check around the hinges and base plate in the boot area for the rear seats.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
07-07-2012 08:32am
PigLauncher

(07-07-2012 08:32am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Thanks buddy, likewise I might do some further investigation this weekend. The weather is crap over here so no boating action or moutain biking for me. I was going to check around the hinges and base plate in the boot area for the rear seats.

I have just noticed this thread. I traced an intermittent rattle to the sensor cover (i think it is black shiny oblong) mounted on the ceiling between the pano and pano switch. Just in case anyone else has the same.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
07-07-2012 10:19pm
Maarten

Rattles...

Hi Everyone,
My dealer fixed most of my rattles, except for one. I located the rattle and it is in the back at the right passenger side. I first thought it was the seatbelt, but this was checked by the dealer. Today after an inspection myself I could recreate the rattle. It is coming from the area of the seatbelt, but close to the window. It sounds like metal on metal. I would like to take a look myself, but have no idea how to remove safely the plastic cover (covering the seatbelt). Anybody done this? Or anybody can explain to me how to remove the cover? Thanks!

Evoque Prestige | Build: 16 Feb 2012 | Delivered: 23 April 2012
Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
13-07-2012 04:13am
benzina

Maarten....see this thread and post #16 http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...?pid=58463

Just something to keep in mind, only because, i also thought my rattle sounded like it was coming from the exact same left rear corner shelf that you mention (the plastic cover where the seatbelt reels in), but it turned out to be inside the left rear roof lining.
It's best to leave the removal of trim to the dealers, as they are sort of interlocking, and have clips which can break.
Before you do anything, do this..... open the sunroof blind fully,then get someone to drive while you ride in the back seat area and put your ear right up next to the left rear roof lining GAP (where the sunroof blind folds into). and note if the rattle sounds close by.
Before i did this test myself, i could have sworn it was coming from that left rear corner shelf (the sound must have travelled down the pillars), but we went in there,and came up with nothing,so the roof lining was next, and we hit the bullseye.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2012 07:12am by benzina.)
13-07-2012 06:49am
Rossy100

Rattles...

Have not posted back in this thread for a while...... But here is an update (this may help you Maarten also).

So the car has been in for the last 11 days (!!!) whilst the dealer fixed the scratch caused previously, the rattles which were never fixed last time properly (one in headlining and one as described below), and to replace totally the headlining as they had damaged this when trying to fix the rattles the first time.

Anyway, after a lot of frustration I got the car back yesterday (dealer had loaned me another Evoque in meantime) - and thus far (albeit with limited driving) it seems ok. I need to drive it properly over the weekend to be sure.

In terms of the rattle itself, this was coming from the exact same place Maarten describes (around rear passenger seat belt area) but was actually discovered to be from a broken clip in the speaker wiring near there.

I must say that the dealer was very good, helpful and communicative and have given me acceptable compensation for the issues experienced (particularly those which were their fault!). I just really hope that is now the end of all my issues!!!
13-07-2012 09:18am
cjfp

(13-07-2012 09:18am)Rossy100 Wrote:  In terms of the rattle itself, this was coming from the exact same place Maarten describes (around rear passenger seat belt area) but was actually discovered to be from a broken clip in the speaker wiring near there.

Ironically, this is the exact place my FL2 rattles and they cannot seem to find the cause!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-07-2012 09:53am
Maarten

Rattles...

Benzina and Rossy100, thank you for your feedback. I had so far always my sunroof open. I will check it out also with the roof closed. I reproduced the rattle but simply hitting the cover and I could clearly hear the rattle. I will do a test drive and check out your suggestion. I would not be surprised if it's a cable. I want to get a good idea where it's coming from before I drive 4 hours to my dealer to get it fixed

Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
13-07-2012 11:22am
Big G

As we're on the subject I get an intermittent rattle from the right side, its level with my right ear but only happens when I go over a ridged road , as in , on good tarmac roads all is fine.

Got the wife to jump into the back and she said its coming from the drivers door within the lining. Funnily enough when I then put the drivers window down a few millimetres it disappears. Could it be the window when fully up is loose? Anyone else had this at all ? Its like a toothache the more I ignore it the more it's annoying me !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
13-07-2012 11:38am
Maarten

Rattles...

Big G I had these with 3 of my windows. It was the window itself when it was completely closed. On cold mornings it was more noticeable. Maybe because of the cold rubbers. The rattle disappeared as soon as I opened the window a few mm's. Went to the dealer and they fixed it easily.

13-07-2012 11:49am