Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles
Acwats

Rattles

Has anybody (with a carConfused) got any rattles to report?

There's definitely one on mine that I'm going to have to take to the dealers. It appears to be coming from the upper console near the interior/map lights and occurs when coasting/ throttle lift off.
Does anybody have any techniques for locating rattles?

Hope it's not a sign of poor build quality

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 08:01pm by Acwats.)
04-11-2011 08:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: Rattles

Nope,mines as quiet if not quieter than my previous two FFRRs.
04-11-2011 08:35pm
exigejoe

nope mines quiet; however rattles dont bother me since my other car rattle like a mofo!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
04-11-2011 08:47pm
ytshome

I detest rattles, so I'm glad to report that the only ones I can hear are from the pennies in my pockets!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
04-11-2011 10:01pm
cjfp

We have a 'gay dogging' layby near us and our Freelander rattles everytime we go by but nowhere else in the local vicinity - however, when we are further afield and it rattles we all know what happens in that location! Tried to get it fixed at the last service and LR said they had and that it was due to a 'crossed screw' (!) but it still happens!
Just to qualify - when I say 'near' i mean about 3 miles and that IS all I know about it!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 10:08pm by cjfp.)
04-11-2011 10:07pm
QUATTROMAN

(04-11-2011 10:07pm)cjfp Wrote:  We have a 'gay dogging' layby near us and our Freelander rattles everytime we go by but nowhere else in the local vicinity - however, when we are further afield and it rattles we all know what happens in that location! Tried to get it fixed at the last service and LR said they had and that it was due to a 'crossed screw' (!) but it still happens!
Just to qualify - when I say 'near' i mean about 3 miles and that IS all I know about it!
Love it lol
when we got our Scirocco, after 8 months it developed an annoying rattle from the rear..
Tried hard to get it sorted but the sales guy just said bring it in at the service interval and we will fix it.
So I took it in for a service and the guy on service reception said sorry but VW dont cover rattles after 6 months. If you want us to look at the ratltle you will have to pay for the time taken to sort it.
I said "so you do believe the rattle is there" to which he replied "yes there is a rattle but we don't know where its comming from and VW dont cover rattles after 6 months"
So I said "if you dont fix the rattle free of charge -under Warranty I will speak to the people taking delivery of a brand new Tigaun warning them that if they have any rattles to bring it back within 6 months as I have been told VW don't warranty rattles after that time". Stiill no joy - so I spilled the beans to the poor people taking delivery of a new Tiguan, The salesman who was doing the handover just looked in dismay.
Needless to say I don't use that particular VW dealer any more and use one 30 miles away from original dealer who sold the car to us and I can say the rattle from the tailgate (common problem on Scirocco's) is now cured.
So the moral of the story is; don't be fobbed off by one guy who is there to stop you reaching the service dept and getting things sorted, if all else fails, move onto another dealer-We did and the service has been just brilliant since.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 10:43pm by QUATTROMAN.)
04-11-2011 10:42pm
The Valeter

The car I drove today on the off road experience had a strange sound coming from the ventilation system & I'm sure another I drove did the same.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 12:24am by The Valeter.)
05-11-2011 12:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

(04-11-2011 10:01pm)ytshome Wrote:  I detest rattles, so I'm glad to report that the only ones I can hear are from the pennies in my pockets!

Say what!!! You bought a Prestige and still have pennies left!? Wink

My car is utterly rattle free. All I hear is the din of Pure elation in my satisfied ears!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-11-2011 01:12am
mark_n

The only good thing about still waiting for the car is that warranty and manufacturing issues are only a possibility, not a cast iron certainty.

At least while I am still waiting for the car, there's a hope it will be fine.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-11-2011 06:24am
defender_uk

again I hate rattles...even though I drive a Defender! Fortunately the Evoque has not a single one...yet!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
05-11-2011 12:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply