Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattle me this Batman
maxw523

Rattle me this Batman

So after some time dealing with buzzes, rattles and the howls of LR poltergeists, I decided to drop my Evoque off at the dealer while I was away travelling for 10 days.

On my return, we discovered that the trunk contains a large amount for the brains of the car. However, it is poorly insulated with connectors and clips uninsulated from, and directly abutting the chassis. Additionally, the passenger window needed adjusting since the glass was creating some reverberation when the window was closed. Everything was insulated, tied down and sealed, and the noise has dramatically improved. Of course there remains the occasional buzz, but both I and the dealership were unrelenting in our efforts.

Ironically, I took the car through the recent storm in Boston, and heard this awful intermittent stutter. I was extremely irate. I was pressing on the panoramic roof, leaning back to try to determine it's site of origin and then....I realized it was the rear wiper stuttering along the rear window.

Just something to think about in terms of stray noises since they are conducted so easily from all aspects of the car.

Safe...and quiet driving.
31-10-2012 06:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Rattle me this Batman

Passenger window glass reverberating when closed is one I have currently, to be looked at by the dealer soon also. Do you know what they did to fix/adjust it?

How was it to drive in the storm? Ignoring the rear wiper stuttering.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-10-2012 06:51pm
maxw523

(31-10-2012 06:51pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Passenger window glass reverberating when closed is one I have currently, to be looked at by the dealer soon also. Do you know what they did to fix/adjust it?

How was it to drive in the storm? Ignoring the rear wiper stuttering.

Hi Phil,
They basically tightened everything and insulated anything that abutted the chassis.

Driving through th storm was fine; I just used the rear wiper manually.
10-11-2012 06:28pm
PhilSkill

Thanks, mine goes in Monday so see what they can find, its odd, there are days it's rattle free, then others that slowly drive you mad, opening the rear passenger door seems to randomly select which rattle will be loudest today! definitely got worse with mileage!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
10-11-2012 11:41pm
Wicksy

(10-11-2012 11:41pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Thanks, mine goes in Monday so see what they can find, its odd, there are days it's rattle free, then others that slowly drive you mad, opening the rear passenger door seems to randomly select which rattle will be loudest today! definitely got worse with mileage!
I have a kind of "creak" coming from what seemed to be the parcel shelf but I've removed it and the noise remains. It only started after covering 9k miles. It's driving me nutsMad
11-11-2012 07:14pm
PhilSkill

Done a fair bit in the Evoque this weekend, and the door rattle has gone mental now! not as mental as it is driving the Passengers though, found a lot of pressure on the door card insert near the back of the door stops the rattle dead while lowering the window a few mm is only a temporary fix, can't imagine it's that difficult to fix... goes in tomorrow, Dealer please fix it before I go insane!!!

11-11-2012 10:39pm
SEC

(11-11-2012 10:39pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Done a fair bit in the Evoque this weekend, and the door rattle has gone mental now! not as mental as it is driving the Passengers though, found a lot of pressure on the door card insert near the back of the door stops the rattle dead while lowering the window a few mm is only a temporary fix, can't imagine it's that difficult to fix... goes in tomorrow, Dealer please fix it before I go insane!!!

Mine has a rattle from the 'turret' which houses the pano roof controls, lights etc. It went back to the dealer last week, who couldn't find the noise - that said, I wanted to take them out on the road to show them the noise , but they said they'd find it themselves. So, its off to another dealer this week to see if their service will be any better - it only happens on rougher style roads we have here in Sydney.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
11-11-2012 10:59pm