Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range rover Evoque install of rear Dash cam Parking camera
Greglee

Range rover Evoque install of rear Dash cam Parking camera

Hi all i am new on here was not sure where to put this post ,
Anyway i am Greg proud owner of a Range rover Evoque 2016 plate, and need some help as just fitted new dash cam mirror and rear camera that needs connecting to the red and black of my cars reverse lights .Has anyone got any clues as to where i will get the right details and what i will need to do thanks in advance .Loving the Site ..
26-10-2017 08:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Range rover Evoque install of rear Dash cam Parking camera

Hi Greglee

The black can probably just go to chassis, but the "red" as you put it will come from the Central junction box, and go to the rear lights, the obvious place to pick this up is at one of the rear lights, unless you have the wiring diagrams and can find the other end near the central junction box.

So does this replace the existing mirror, and why does it need reverse? What model is it?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-10-2017 04:15pm
Greglee

(26-10-2017 04:15pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Greglee

The black can probably just go to chassis, but the "red" as you put it will come from the Central junction box, and go to the rear lights, the obvious place to pick this up is at one of the rear lights, unless you have the wiring diagrams and can find the other end near the central junction box.

So does this replace the existing mirror, and why does it need reverse? What model is it?

Hi Phil ,
the Dashcam mirror is a Mayogo A80 from Amazon yes it fits over the excisting mirror then the back camera i have fitted over the number plate like you stated the black is okay to the Chassis the red has to be fitted to the positive pole of the reversing light to enable it to go into mode whenyou reverse also will then show parking lines and switch reverse lamps on the rear camera .So yes i need to find the wiring diagrams somewhere for the lights all fun ..
26-10-2017 04:30pm
PhilSkill

You're in luck the reverse lights are still on a normal Fuse. Mine is Passenger Box 12P, but yours will be different, but just look at the fuse box cover behind the glove box you should be able to tap the reverse light fuse (If MY16 still has that) will be in the handbook too.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-10-2017 06:56pm
Greglee

(26-10-2017 06:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  You're in luck the reverse lights are still on a normal Fuse. Mine is Passenger Box 12P, but yours will be different, but just look at the fuse box cover behind the glove box you should be able to tap the reverse light fuse (If MY16 still has that) will be in the handbook too.

Thanks Phil really helpful know there is a fuse box in left hand of my boot as well but great to know i can place the wire straight into the fuse box will make my life easier thanks Greg .
26-10-2017 11:25pm
Greglee

Had it wired straight into the reverse light on Passanger side rear light was pretty straightforward .
31-10-2017 10:07am
Stevey_scurr

Hi guys I’ve just installed a cheap camera from amazon into my evoque 2012 automatic and it’s all gone well the camera is connected properly and so to the front display, I’ve enabled it with the iid tool for the camera to work when it’s in reverse but it comes up with camera system fault now.
Would this be because I’ve enabled something that didn’t need to be or am I missing a part like a module ?
15-12-2019 10:19pm